Okay, in the first place, it doesn’t even make any sense for any Olympic Winner to show the “Money Sign”, especially not in front of National TV.
But let’s not digress.
Malaysian Olympic Prides, Pandelela Rinong and her partner, Jun Hoong, made the headlines when Rinong did a finger gesture that resembled the symbol for “money” after bagging home a Silver medal in the 10m Platform Synchronized Diving in the Rio Olympics 2016.
This angered many netizens, chiming in with the assumption that Rinong was money-minded or mata duitan in Malay.
Thankfully, many Malaysian fans spoke up to dispel any negative sentiments from this incident, and explained that this sign has been popularized when one of the cast members in a Korean TV Show, Running Man, first flashed the gesture.
Some Malaysians also added that IF Rinong was really doing the money sign, it is still ultimately her choice to do so and haters have no right to comment on someone who’s representing the country on an international level – especially someone who has done their country proud.
Some of these netizens should really learn how to reserve their judgements,
watch more Korean dramas and be more thankful of their achievements instead.
Why Presidential Election 2023 Will Start from June 2023 After President Halimah’s Announcemen:
Well done to the both of them!
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Higher Risk of Haze & Warmer Weather in S’pore Expected For Jun to Oct 2023
- Uncle Ambushed Cai Png Stall Owner On His Way to the Toilet For Giving Too Little Chicken
- Woman Panicked & Pleaded Profusely After Caught Stealing Toilet Paper; Netizens Divided over TikToker’s Actions
- S’pore Influencer Ghosted Thai Eatery After Free Meal; Later Claimsed It’s a Misunderstanding
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee