Well, it looks like the tables have turned because now it’s Singaporeans who are being quarantined:
Sarawak Now Quarantines Travellers From S’pore for 14 Days As S’pore nCoV Cases Are ‘Worrying’
Starting right this moment, those arriving in Sarawak from Singapore will be quarantined for 14 days at home, according to the State Disaster Management Committee chairman Amar Douglas Uggah Embas on Monday.
Uggah is also the Sarawak Deputy Chief Minister.
This decision came after Singapore announced that it would increase the Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) level to Orange last Friday.
At the time of writing, Singapore currently has a total of 43 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, wherein 22 were locally transmitted cases.
Uggah said in a statement, “According to DORSCON, the (orange warning) level, which is the second-highest warning stage, indicates that the disease is severe and spreads easily from person to person but has not spread widely in Singapore and is being contained.”
He also added that the surge in new novel coronavirus cases in Singapore was “worrying”.
“The victims ranged from churchgoers to taxi drivers, private hire drivers, tour guide and a teacher. They had not been to China but were affected in these places.”
The Situation In Sarawak
Between 10 January and 9 February, there have been 60 suspect cases of coronavirus in Sarawak.
“We have 43 negative cases and 17 more are pending laboratory testings while 15 of these 43 cases involving Malaysian nationals are recorded at the Sarawak General Hospital, eight at Sibu Hospital, seven in Miri and four in Bintulu.”
On Monday, Malaysia confirmed its sixth case of the coronavirus, a 31-year-old citizen who worked in Macau.
He had travelled to mainland China before coming back to Malaysia on 1 February.
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024