After a day filled with work, school and a whole other bunch of commitments, working out is usually at the back of our heads.
After all, not all of us have the luxury of spending one to two hours in the gym getting fit. Half the time, we’re so tired that the thought of even dragging your ass out of the house pains you.
So we’ll bring you some simple and short workout that is bound to get your heart pumping and blast those calories without leaving the comfort of your home!
1. A quick and easy way to tone those flabby arms!
Targets: Arms, abs and hips; what you need: A pair of dumbbells
Exercise: Lie faceup with your knees bent at 90 degrees, hold your dumbbells in each hand with your palm facing in and arms straight.
Bend your elbows till it is 90 degrees, bringing the dumbbells behind your head as you lift and extend your legs at the same time. Repeat this for 15 reps.
2. Instead of spending an hour blasting your workout, do an explosive plyometric workout for a much quicker result.
Targets: Sculpt muscles and burn fat fast
Here's Why We Might Not Need to Vote in Presidential Election 2023 After Tharman’s Announcement:
Directions: Start with a side shuffle for one minute, followed by explosive push-ups for another minute.
Once done, do power lunges for one minute. Move on to single-leg jumps and finish up with a squat-thrust jump. For every exercise, rest for one minute in between by doing the side shuffle.
3. For a quick boost in metabolism rate, this workout will be perfect in giving you an instant kick.
Target: Entire Body
Direction: With a total of 5 exercises, do each one for 20 seconds, 4 sets each with 10 seconds of rest time in between.
Start off with seal push-ups, followed by star jump. Continue the workout with jump lunges and finish it off with burpees. I assure you, you’ll be dripping sweat at the end of it.
4. Who doesn’t want tight and sculpted abs?
Directions: For every exercise, it is one minute each. Start off with a leg up crunch, followed by double leg lifts.
Continue with criss-cross crunches and finish up with reverse crunches. Repeat the entire set again.
YouTube has literally everything and by doing a quick search, you’ll be able to find countless short workout videos.
Of course, the key thing here isn’t about finding instructional videos.
It’s about sticking to it.
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”