Singaporeans, if you have not stocked up on your N95 masks, it might be a good idea to do so soon before it runs out of stock again.
Haze might be coming back soon
According to a report on todayonline.com, Indonesia warned on Friday (19 Aug) that haze from the forest fires have started to spread from the country.
On Thursday (18 Aug), Indonesia’s disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said that smoke has started spreading across the waterway between Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
“Smoke from forest and land fires in Riau (province) has started to enter the Malacca Strait,” he tweeted. “Let’s prevent and put out the fires.” – todayonline.com
Number of hotspots increased
As Indonesia is entering towards its peak dry season in September, the number of hotspots identified is increasing.
158 hotspots were detected in West Kalimantan province, up from 106 hotspots detected a day before.
Measures put in early
Mr Nugroho stated that unlike September last year, the government’s early announcement of a state of emergency has helped to prevent the fires from spreading extensively.
In addition, he added that countermeasures this year were implemented faster and better.
He went on to add that the emergency status last year was only declared after the fires were widespread.
To monitor the situation even closer
Malaysia’s Natural Resources and Environment Minister Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar suggested that the haze situation must be closely monitored.
“This will allow the authorities to activate a joint emergency response should the forest fires or haze situation get out of hand,” – Mr Wan Junaidi
Malaysia has experienced haze a few days back
And before you think that you have a lot more time left, parts of Malaysia has experienced the haze a few days back.
Better catch those Pokemon before the haze sets in. Who knows, they might just go into hiding to escape from the smoky haze too.
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too