100 dogs turned up at Singapore Botantic Gardens on a Saturday afternoon to grant Lahl Issac’s wish to pat dogs on his 13th birthday. Lahl Issac suffers from recurring brain cancer despite undergoing various treatments.
The birthday set-up was granted by Make-A-Wish foundation which grants children with life-threatening diseases their wishes.
Ophthalmologist Leo Seo Wei, 43, started rallying other dog lovers on Golden Retriever Club-Singapore Facebook Page after knowing that Isaac have been discharged from the hospital and his 13th birthday is coming up soon.
“Other kids want to go to Disneyland and all. But Isaac’s wish is so simple – just to pat dogs. That’s what moved us,” said Dr Leo, whose husband Eric Hong and son Dylan were there to help out yesterday.
The National Parks Board also gave the green light for the gathering at the gardens, and sponsors pitched in with free T-shirts, goodie bags with dog treats, snacks, drinks and even a birthday cake in Isaac’s favourite flavour – chocolate.
Isaac’s wish was fulfilled by many generous volunteers and sponsors.
Issac’s mother, Mdm Tan, did not expect such a huge turnout on Isaac’s birthday. “I can tell dogs are very therapeutic for him.The first thing he does every morning is look for his dog.”
When asked how he felt, he smiled and said : “Happy.” A very simple act of kindness by Singaporeans really made a 13-year-old’s day.
Featured Image: Mikkel Bigandt / Shutterstock.com
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use