Why, you ask.
Well, for one, they have been requested to move out of their campus housing and given a notice of less than a day.
There’s no other way to put it, they’ve basically been evicted.
Let me explain.
SMU & NUS Residences Also Used for Quarantine Proposes; Some Students Allegedly Not Happy With The Move
You read that right. Some students were asked to move out of their residences in less than 24 hours.
This is because the residences will be converted into Wuhan virus quarantine facilities by the universities’ management.
NUS students received the email at around 1.30pm and were given an order to remove themselves from their residences and move out by 11am the very next day.
That’s not even a 24-hour notice.
Some readers from Goody Feed have kindly sent us some samples of the emails.
The email was succinct and to the point, so much that there was not much explanation given as to what alternative accommodation would be provided for those who were evicted without much notice.
However, it highlighted that all “international students” must move out stating that the respective halls at Prince George’s Park Residences (PGPR) have been designated as Government Quarantine Facilities (GQF) for isolating Persons Under Quarantine Order (PUQs).
The residents who are being asked to move out are currently staying at Block 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Just so you know, these are not the only places designated to be quarantine zones. Several chalets that you’ve not heard of have become quarantine zones, too.
Residents Aren’t Happy
If you were given less than 24 hours to remove yourself from your place of residence, then you probably would not be very happy either.
It’s shown in this CNA video whereby the reporter interviewed some of the students.
But the very fact that this weekend is the Chinese New Year weekend, meaning that some of the residents might not be in Singapore makes it even more inconvenient for them.
We hope that the substitute place of stay will at least be comparable.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too