Sovereign Woman Who Shouted During Maskless Briton’s Trial Investigated for Contempt of Court


There must be something in our water and bubble teas, because Sovereigns are popping up here faster than pimples on a teenager’s face.

First, it was the Sovereign Lady of Shunfu, who made mask-wearing seem like a human rights violation.

Then it was the Brit on the train who was also caught without a mask, and who later proudly declared in court that he was a Sovereign.

Now, a third sovereign has appeared.

Sovereign Woman Interrupted Maskless Briton’s Trial 

When Benjamin Glynn – the maskless Sovereign on the MRT – was in court recently, he had a rather fanatical supporter.

10 minutes into his trial, a woman seated in the audience gallery was seen without her mask, fiddling with the straps.

When security officers inside the court approached her, she said her mask was “broken” and kept trying to put it on.


Nothing weird so far, right?

Well, she also said that the officers had no “contract” with her.

Oh no, not this again.

When the Judge asked her to leave, the woman refused, claiming that the trial was a “kangaroo court”, referring to unofficial courts which try alleged offenders without concrete evidence.


I mean, the guy was literally on camera without a mask. How much concrete could it get?

Then, when the guard approached her, she said: “You don’t touch me I have no contract with you!”

She later added that her outburst was “not about a mask” but “about control”.

Reader: Okay, but where does she say she’s a Sovereign?

Ah, well, when the judge asked her to leave, the woman replied: “You don’t tell me what to do, I’m a living breathing woman. Shut up! I do not respect the judge.”

This was eerily similar to Glynn’s proclamation in his previous hearing, where he said: “I got sent to Changi Prison for 18 days when the charges did not apply to me because I am a living man, I am sovereign…” he said.

The last time I checked, all of us who’re still alive and both living and breathing, so if the rules apply to us, they will certainly apply to them, regardless of what they say.

Woman Investigated for Contempt of Court

The woman, a 51-year-old, is now being investigated by the police for contempt of court.

The police launched investigations on orders from the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC).

The State Courts said that trials and hearings are open to the public, but that attendees must observe court decorum at all times.


If guilty, the woman could face up to 12 months in prison, a fine of up to S$20,000, or both.

Read Also: 

Featured Image: Google Maps

Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:

Read Also: