When we lack the capabilities, resources, and connections to do something for our precious pets, who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters That’s right, the SPCA.
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) has been fighting for the welfare of animals and pets since the year 1876 and hasn’t stopped in their endeavours ever since.
They seek not only to protect them from cruel humans but perhaps also the wrath from the forces of nature.
Pet Owners’ Income Affected by COVID-19
It’s no news that the economy is taking perhaps its worst hit in decades, and the income of many people has been negatively affected. Over here in Goody Feed, we have to pay the company just to stay employed.
As any pet owners would know, taking care of any pet is financially taxing and is no cheaper than raising an actual human child.
Some owners treat pets like their own children and will try to push through this crisis, while some may consider giving up theirs.
To prevent such cases happening, SPCA is stepping in.
SPCA’s Pet Food Support Programme
In collaboration with online pet shop Kohepets, SPCA has set aside $50,000 worth of funds to launch a support programme for any pet owners struggling financially to pay for pet food.
They will be providing dry food for dogs and cats and will be considering requests on a case-by-case basis for other species.
Applications are also open to not only pet owners, but also any feeders, caregivers, and rescuers.
This programme is expected to run for three to six months but may be reassessed based on demand from the community.
To apply for the programme, you may do so here or call their hotline at +65 6287 5355 between 9am to 4pm daily.
Donors Are Always Needed
When carrying our such charitable work, donations are always welcome to help support their cause.
If you wish to support their fundraiser campaign, you can do so here.
Lastly, please only apply for the support programme if you are actually in need. Do not deprive funds that can be used for pet owners who are actually struggling.
Don’t be a CB.
Some 7-year-old reader: Huh? Don’t be a Circuit Breaker?
Yes, that’s what it means…
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024