There’s something about an ulu forest you’ve never been to before that just seems so warm and inviting right?
A 33-year-old Singaporean man was reported missing on Saturday (17 September) after he and his equally adventurous hiking partner embarked on a journey into a forest reserve at Hutan Simpan Panti Timur in Kota Tinggi, Johor.
A Search and Rescue Team was Dispatched
In a statement posted by the Kota Tinggi district police, the man by the name of Jason Ren Jie was alerted to be missing by the person who was hiking with him, a Malaysian man.
How this managed to lose his one and only hiking companion is beyond us actually. Doesn’t this seem like the kind of thing that would only occur in groups?
Anyway, the Batu Ampat police station proceeded to dispatch a search and rescue team to find Jason, and the entire operation also involved assistance from both the Forestry Department and the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department.
By nightfall, at around 11.30pm on Saturday, the team was still unable to find Jason. As the area became too dark, the search and rescue operation was suspended temporarily and postponed to the next day.
List of Accusations Made Against the 2 Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road:
Member Of The Public Spotted The Missing Man
Alas, the manhunt was over by the afternoon of 18 September, after the police received a phone call at around 2.20pm from a person who claimed to have saw Jason around the 52km-mark of the Kota Tinggi-Mersing Highway.
The team was then sent out to the location, and that’s where they found Jason safe and sound.
Thankfully, he only suffered a few minor injuries and was well enough to flash a smile for the camera.
“Look ma, I’m alive.”
He received medical attention at the local hospital for his wounds.
Authorities added that Jason will be sent to the Forestry Department for further questioning as he had not obtained a permit to enter the forest reserve he got lost in.
I guess someone will be sticking to the good ol’ Bukit Timah Hill for their future hikes.
- 86YO Driver Arrested for Knocking Down Pedestrian & Killing Him Near Aljunied MRT Station
- SPF Confirms That Terra Luna Founder is No Longer in S’pore
- Tampines Has Also Just Joined the Million Dollar Club With a $1 Million Resale HDB Flat
- Video of Angelababy Caught Smoking in Private Event Went Viral
- Pillars at Punggol Bus Stops Block View of Incoming Buses, Causing Commuters to Miss Their Buses
Featured Image: Facebook (Polis Daerah Kota Tinggi)
- SUTD Launching Free 3-Year Programming Course With No Teachers & No Classes
- McDonald’s Launching Coconut-Flavoured Soft-Serve Ice Cream on 29 May; Will Be Giving Out 500 Free Cones
- Everything About Renting a Colonial House in Singapore, Simplified for You
- Netizens Reportedly Unhappy With Newly-Revealed NDP Song Because It’s Too “Megachurch-y”
- honestbee Saga Hasn’t Ended As It Still Owes Money to Ex-Employees & Vendors
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee