Sick and tired of Singapore’s chronically hot weather?
Constantly complaining about how Singapore’s a boring ass country for boring ass people?
Well, not anymore.
With this Singaporean’s newly-created map, your journey in Singapore might still be damningly hot, but at the very least…
It won’t be ‘boring’ anymore.
Inspired by a mapping post on the Melbourne subreddit, Reddit user HB_SG took things into his own hands and created a map himself, with Singapore’s top 52 exciting places listed on it. And in case you’re wondering about his intention…
It’s to create a map where users will have a different/new place to visit for every weekend for a year.
Incidentally, here’s the link to it: https://embed.alpacamaps.com/journey/fb8ca84e-2d1a-11e9-9d43-024bc0398b11/default. Do take note, however, that the user left out most typical tourist attractions (cos everyone probably knows about them already) and that there’s no particular sequence or logic behind the list of places.
For the sake of convenience, however, here’s a list of the 52 places HP_SG inscribed. You’re welcome.
- Singapore City Gallery
- Treetop Walk
- Koon Seng Road / Peranakan Terrace Houses
- Duxton Hill
- Southern Ridges / Henderson Waves
- Little Guilin
- Choa Chu Kang Chinese & Muslim Cemetery
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
- Keong Saik Road
- Upper Peirce Reservoir Park
- Black & White Houses Sembawang
- Kranji Marshes & Bollywood Veggies
- Coney Island
- Kampong Lorong Buangkok
- Palau Ubin
- East Coast Park
- Bukit Brown Cemetery
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Lim Chu Kang Jetty & Former Neo Tiew Estate
- Black & White Houses Alexandra Park
- Upper Seletar Reservoir Park & Tower
- Chestnut Nature Park
- Singapore Quarry
- Changi Boardwalk & Changi Village
- Pasir Ris Park
- Jurong Frog Farm
- Lorong Halus Wetland
- Springleaf / Springleaf Nature Park
- MacRitchie Reservoir
- Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park
- Jelutong Tower
- Tiong Bahru
- Woodlands Waterfront
- Bukit Timah Railway Station & Green Corridor
- Tanjong Beach
- Fort Siloso
- Labrador Nature Reserve & Berlayer Creek
- Haw Par Villa
- Bukit Batok Nature Park
- Chinese & Japanese Gardens
- Sembawang Hot Spring
- Hort Park
- Sembawang Park
- Kampong Glam
- Fort Canning Park
- Japanese Cemetery Park
- Ulu Sembawang PCN
- Jurong Hill Tower
- Thian Hock Keng Temple & Telok Ayer
- Bedok Reservoir Park
- Lazarus Island & St John Island
Amazing, isn’t it? Granted, some of them are pretty recognisable, but I think that on the whole, it’s a pretty eye-opening read.
And Netizens agree too.
Some even offered constructive feedback.
And one might’ve just potentially started a whole new topic.
Though I must say that I don’t mind one bit. 😉
And so… what’re you waiting for?
If you’re consistently ranting about how boring Singapore is…
You know where to go this weekend!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:
Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss: