As close friends would attest to, I’m not the most angelic guy out there. In fact, someone once asked me:
“Is your name Mercury? Because you’re freaking toxic.”
Yet, even with such a ‘pleasant’ reputation, I’m not the most, for lack of a better phrase, fu**ed up guy around here. A while back it was a red suit guy who cracked loads of ‘sword’ jokes with his metal ass pal, and now, it’s a guy called Teng…
Who was so determined not to pay back his debts that he took them to the grave.
Mr Steal Yo Money
But before I speak about Teng, I would first have to talk about a certain Abigail Lee, who first took to Facebook on behalf of her friend. The post, which was uploaded on 12 Dec, had described how her friend had lent a total of S$26.000 to a guy known as Teng, despite the fact that they weren’t exactly close.
To clarify, Lee expressed that her friend was “soft-hearted”. And from the looks of it, it could be because Teng sure had a way with words too.
You can read the full Facebook post down below:
And here are snippets of Teng siam-ing payment:
Thereafter, Teng apparently blocked Lee’s friend and went MIA. Lee also revealed that her friend had to work part-time and borrow from her other friends, while studying.
And guess what?
It seems that Lee’s friend wasn’t the only one Teng ‘scammed’ here.
Check out these other personal accounts, courtesy of people on the net.
And apparently, this wasn’t the first time Teng had been “trended”. Or as laymen would know it, kena viral.
But all of that, all of that, just paled when this Netizen released some pretty alarming news.
Which would’ve been a little more convincing, had another user not said this:
So… moral of the story?
Seeing how I’m hardly the most qualified to preach, I shall let my old friend The Wise Old Man say it instead:
“Do the right thing; do not be like him.”
Because honestly, there’s quite a lot of stuff you just can’t do in life.
And abusing peoples’ good intentions for money just isn’t one of them.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill