A student threatened a teacher during an argument, telling him “I’ll end your life right now” while other classmates egged them on.
Here’s what happened.
Teacher Shouted At Student: “Don’t Scold Me”
A 55-second video went viral on 23 August, showing a secondary school male student arguing with a teacher in a classroom. From the uniform, it seems like they’re from St. Andrew’s Secondary School.
At the start of the video, the teacher was shouting at the student “don’t scold me” three times. Which is pretty ironic, since it’s usually the student getting scolded.
The student then pushed his mask off and pointed his finger at the teacher’s face, saying, “what are you going to do about it?” He also told the teacher to “get a bloody life first” when the teacher told him to not say the “four-letter word”.
While this entire scene was playing out, people in the background could be heard egging them on, saying “fight, fight” and laughing.
“I Will End Your Life Right Now”
One would have thought that the fight ended after the boy walked away, but he ended up doubling back.
He pointed a finger at the teacher again and brushed against his arm, to which the teacher yelled “don’t touch me” repeatedly at him.
The boy then threatens the teacher, saying, “You watch your mouth, I will end your life right now”.
A man was standing at the doorway observing the fight, but the student’s threat seemed to have been the last straw as he stepped in to talk to the teacher.
The video cuts off with the boy telling the teacher to go away.
Netizens: Both Parties At Fault?
In the Facebook comments section, many netizens were criticising the boy, saying that he had no respect for his teacher at all.
However, some netizens also pointed out that the teacher shouldn’t have raised his voice at the student either. This isn’t like the old days anymore, where respect is a given; instead, respect should be earned.
But one thing’s for sure: the student who recorded and uploaded the video will be in trouble. According to St. Andrew’s code of conduct, any form of recording within the school is not allowed, unless permission has already been given.
We should also keep in mind that this video started halfway through the fight, so we don’t have the full context needed to understand both parties’ actions.
- All Food Handlers, Including Hawkers, Still Need to Wear Masks from 29 Aug
- Body of Man Who Fell Into Sea at Keppel Shipyard Found After 2 Days
- M’sia PM Suddenly Said The Cancelled SG-KL HSR Project Might be Revived
- M’sia Cleaner Who Spoke Fluent Japanese Turns Out to be Former Tour Guide Who Can Speak 5 Languages
- 7 Must-Know Announcements from the COVID-19 Task Force Press Conference Today (24 Aug)
- Everything About What Lawrence Wong, Edwin Tong & Shanmugam Said About the Repeal of 377A
Featured Image: Instagram (robinhoot.sg)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death