Last Updated on 2020-03-15 , 11:36 pm
“Wait what?” That was my first reaction when I first read about the study.
According to India Today, almost half of all women have a back-up partner and a plan in place, just in case they call it quits with their beau.
“This can’t be true!”
“We’re supposed to believe in happy ever after!”
“Yeah! Where the f*ck is Prince Charming?!”
Okay, okay calm down.
Maybe you belong to the other 50% or… maybe you’re one of the women who already has bae number two lined up just in case.
OR maybe you’re the angsty jealous boyfriend reading this and planning to confront your girlfriend right this moment.
Study: Almost 50% Of Women Have A Back-Up Partner In Mind Just In Case Theirs Don’t Cut It
Yes, unfortunately, it’s true and not just some fabricated sick joke. Half of all women have another man in mind as a plan B in the event of a break-up.
The study also found that a lady who’s married are more likely to have a second option in place compared to those who are simply in a relationship.
The scariest fact?
The study states that in most cases, it is an old friend who has had feelings for the woman in the past. Otherwise, it could be an ex-boyfriend or an ex-husband. Otherwise, it may be a colleague or a friend at the gym, based on the study.
Sorry to break it to you boys and girls.
1,000 Women Involved In The Survey
In total, 1,000 women participated in the survey which is pretty sizeable imo.
Some of these women stated that the back-up partner could be someone that they’ve known for “as long as seven years”.
Yikes. So boys, when your girl says “he’s just a friend”, you better watch out.
Most of the women also said that their current partners have met and are aware of who the other guy is.
The study also found that one in ten women said that their back-up partner have confessed their feelings for them.
One In Three Doubt Anything Would Materialise With The Back-Up Partner
If it’s any consolation, one in three women said they “doubt” that anything would happen between them and their back-up partner.
*Breathes a sigh of relief*
However, a small percentage admitted that it could be possible.
*Chokes on my water*
So, guys, it’s time to pull up your socks.
The spokesman for the online market research in charge of the survey said, “This news may cause a few men in relationships to think twice about not taking the rubbish out or choosing a night down the pub in favour of a cosy night in with his partner.”
He also added, “Men need to be aware of any ‘old friends’ that turn up out of the blue that’s for sure.”
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast