It’s no secret that women (especially Asian women) are expected to be, or at least appear to be innocent and virginal for fear of being called a
hoe wanton creature.
So the very fact that the title of this article claims that women in Singapore actually want more sex than they are currently getting is just downright scandalous.
But don’t be too quick to judge and assume that it’s the men in their lives that aren’t getting it up as much as women would like.
There are many other reasons why women are supposedly not getting enough sex in Singapore society, at least, according to a survey.
Study Reveals That Married S’pore Women Have Lesser Sex Than They Want
A study was conducted in Singapore on a representative sample of 657 married women by Assistant Professor Tan Poh Lin from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
The outcome? Married women who are in their peak childbearing age have a lot less sex than they desire, due to stress and fatigue.
But this study wasn’t just to find out exactly how horny Singaporean women are.
It wanted to examine the impact on the length of time they take to get pregnant and wait for it… fertility rates.
This study was the first to take a look at the sex lives of married women in their peak childbearing ages.
The frequency of sex was:
25-34 years old: have sex an average of 3.7 times a month.
35-45 years old: have sex an average of 2.6 times a month.
But in reality, the women revealed in interviews that they would prefer to have twice as much sex as they actually did.
This low findings, of course, has a negative impact on fertility.
The more sex you have, the more chances you’ll have of getting pregnant (obviously).
Professor Tan revealed that her independent research is the first here to examine the coital frequency of married women at their peak childbearing ages of 25 and 34 to understand the effects of stress and fatigue on their sex lives.
Why Is Coital Frequency Important?
Lest you’re unaware, having sex is important for various reasons.
Professor Tan wishes to highlight two main reasons why.
Two Benefits Of Coital Frequency
- Coital frequency affects marital quality and satisfaction.
- It is determinant of the age at childbearing and hence affects the fertility rate and prevalence of infertility and miscarriages.
But it’s the stress and fatigue that’s affecting the frequency of sex. In fact, sexual activity in married women is three times less than the average for Americans.
Trends also revealed that couples in Singapore tend to have sex on the weekends as they feel more relaxed or have more energy when they don’t have work.
NUS Sociologist Tan Ern Ser ties in with the findings, saying that age, how tired you are and lack of work-life balance are co-related to the coital frequency and the chances of pregnancy.
Did you come across this article on Facebook? If so, then you should really join our Telegram channel here (https://t.me/goodyfeedsg) because Facebook algorithm is showing you just the depressing side of Singapore. You won't want that, right?
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Ultimate Guide to The Fortune of All 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs in 2020 (Would You Huat or Lose Everything in the Rat year?)
- 24YO Who Starved Herself Trying To Save Money For Brother’s Medical Treatment Dies
- Creative Debt Collector Who Dressed Up In Funeral Garb & Disturbed Employees Jailed
- Video Reveals Serious Collision Between an SBS Bus & Lorry That Broke Lorry Into 2 Pieces; Lorry Driver is a P-Plate Driver Without a P-Plate
- NEA: Singaporeans More Vulnerable To ‘New’ Version Of Dengue That Appeared in 2020
- CNY Ang Bao Rates 2020 Based On A Regular S’porean’s Income