As Circuit Breaker-extended AKA Phase One is ongoing, people are wondering if we can go back to normal.
And that means going back to the office.
On the one hand, I can finally show off the cool mask I bought that will make even FashionableOL87 jealous.
On the other, I’ll have to wear pants to work again.
Don’t judge. As they say, they will never know that you’re not wearing pants in Zoom meetings, or that it’s just a printed picture of you.
But what are people truly feeling about going back to office? Qualtrics, an experience management company, conducted a “Return to Work & Back to Business Study” to find out.
511 Singaporeans across all age groups were surveyed.
More Than Half Not Comfortable Going Back To Work
Coming as not a surprise considering the definition of a pandemic, 59% of people feel uncomfortable returning to the workplace. 45% say it would require a treatment for COVID-19 to feel comfortable, and 45% say a vaccine.
(If you’re wondering what’s the difference between a vaccine and treatment: Vaccines prevent you from falling ill. Treatments are how to make you not sick when you’re already sick.)
Furthermore, 62% want to wait for local government approval before returning to work.
But despite so, 66% expect to return by July.
About 7 in 10 Wants Everybody To Wear Mask
- 73% want to wear a mask to the office.
- 69% want all employees to be required to wear masks.
- 68% want hand sanitiser and cleaning supplies available all times.
- 56% want social distancing enforced.
- 53% want temperature checks required.
- 52% want employees who travel to be required to self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
- 50% want people who might be considered at risk to work from home.
- 48% want a no handshake or hugs policy at work.
- 48% want the limit the number of people allowed in a meeting.
Maybe it’s just me, but some of these numbers look suspiciously low, like the temperature checks and for the at-risk to work from home.
Employees More Comfortable If Employers Took Some Measures
When they return to work, workers also say the following:
- 95% of people said it was important to them that employees be required to wear masks
- 93% of people said it was important to them that they are allowed to work remotely at any point if they feel unsafe
- 93% of people said it was important to them to limit the number of people in an in-person work meeting
- 92% of people said it was important to them that social distancing was implemented in the workplace
- 90% of people said it was important to them that everyone has their temperature checked each day before entering the building
95% say important to wear mask, but previous questions it’s 7 in 10 want everybody to wear mask. What a strange survey, I know.
If you’re in an affected industry, prepare to cry since there won’t be good news for you following.
Interested in writing and looking to earn some extra income? Goody Feed is currently looking for Home-Based Writers! Click here for more info!
45% Think We Will Never “Get Back To Normal”
You’re not alone if you think that life after COVID-19 will be very different.
- 58% say they still feel uncomfortable going to the gym
- 64% say they would feel uncomfortable playing a team sport
- 58% wouldn’t be comfortable attending a religious service.
- 73% uncomfortable attending live sporting event
- 72% uncomfortable attending live concert
- 25% who regularly attend sporting events said unlikely to attend in the foreseeable future
- 39% wouldn’t be comfortable going to a live sporting until at least Jan 2021
- 43% wouldn’t be comfortable going to a live concert until at least Jan 2021
Restaurants and shopping:
- 53% feel uncomfortable going to a restaurant
- 34% feel uncomfortable shopping retail in-person
Even after health officials say it’s safe and treatment or vaccine is readily available, in order to feel safe:
- 13% want tables separated at a safe distance
- 12% want social distancing established
- 12% want servers and staff to wear gloves and masks
- 11% want their temperatures checked before going into the restaurant
- 40% feel uncomfortable using public transport
- 69% feel uncomfortable flying on an aeroplane
It looks bad, I know. I can’t share your experience, but I can cry together with you.
Goody Feed YouTube Channel
Hungry Ghost Festival starts from 19 August 2020, and you MUST know these facts about the festival before it starts, if not you’ll regret for the rest of the year: We're also looking for more hosts for our YouTube channel! If you love talking to the camera, click here!
Oops. Too much close contact for the pandemic season? Well, the survey says only 48% want a no handshake or hugs policy at work, so I guess I won’t be attracting the pitchforks.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:
Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss: