Recently, a video showing a match between a Taichi master and an MMA fighter went viral in China. The MMA (or Mixed Martial Arts) fighter was Xu Xiaodong, an MMA fighter, coach and promoter based in Beijing, and the Taichi master was Lei Lei, founder of a branch of Taichi known as “Thunder Style”, based in Chengdu.
The MMA fighter had the nickname of “Madman”, for his aggressive style. You’ll know why once you take a look at the “fight”.
Unlike what you’d expect from watching Ip Man, the “traditional Chinese martial art” lost to the “modern” MMA. The Madman rained punches on the Taichi master, and relentlessly beat down on him when he fell backwards.
The whole fight lasted just about 10 odd seconds.
Now, the first thing you might think of, could it be that the Taichi master was a fraud, or maybe traditional Taichi (and by extension Chinese martial arts) are useless in combat situations?
The thing is, that may very well be so, but it could also be that the Taichi master lost his balance, or it could also be that the MMA fighter was more skilled, or it could also be that a singular school of martial arts could not beat the mixed form of martial arts that MMA literally is.
Whatever explanation it is, that was how the fight turned out, and netizens everywhere have been hotly debating on this for the past few days.
What do you think?
Since you’re here, why not check out Goody Feed’s YouTube videos as well? They’re so Singaporean, I bet you’ll like them!
Featured Image: youtube.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- This Chio MMA Fighter Can Break Your Leg & Steal Your Heart
- 10 HK Movies That Still Kick Ass After So Many Years
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’