Thai Man Reportedly Electrocuted To Death After Falling Asleep Watching Football On Phone

Image: Daily Mail

Advertisements  

It’s a normal habit for many of us. None of us are strangers to the usual video or two before bed. Others even take it up a notch and observe a whole night’s worth of ASMR tracks.

Image: Tenor

We also know of the horror stories that tell the tales of exploding mobile phones and killer electrical circuits. But none of these have ever deterred us from our toxic habits.

I would be lying if I said that I incorporated cautious measures into my routine. There are two types of people in this world – the ones that do and liars.

We are all liars.

Image: Tenor

On Nov 13, last Wednesday, a man from Thailand was reportedly found dead on his mattress after being allegedly electrocuted by the pair of earphones he was wearing.

Stays Up Late to Watch Football 

The 40-year-old victim, a chef by the name of Somchai Singkhorn, habitually watched football on his mobile phone before bed.

Image: Daily Mail

According to The Daily Mail, the man was last seen alive the night before, laying on his mattress with a can of beer. He had been watching TV on his phone and his earphones were plugged in.

His roommate, a 28-year-old by the name of Saeng, was the one who saw the victim laying motionless the following day. Saeng had tried to wake him up to no avail.


Advertisements  

“I went to wake him up but he was not moving, so I was worried that he might be ill. I contacted our employer but when he came to check, he told me that Somchai was dead,” Saeng told the media.

Image: Daily Mail

Reports have also stated that the 40-year-old Somchai was found with burn marks on the areas where the wires of his earphones had rested. These were on his arms, his neck, and his face.

According to Saeng, Somchai had often stayed up late on his mobile phone.  On the night of his death, Saeng said that his roommate had been watching football.

Police Investigations Still Underway 

The police who investigated the site found cans of beer and soda on the foot of Somchai’s mattress.

Image: Daily Mail

Initial findings suggest that the victim was electrocuted. However, the police are still awaiting the postmortem examination results that will confirm Somchai’s cause of death.

The body will only be returned to the victim’s family upon the completion of the autopsy.

We would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family of the deceased. We hope that this case goes out as a lesson for those of us who observe such habits. Please be careful!

Image: Tenor

Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!


Advertisements  

You won't want to miss these most-read articles: