There are some food combinations that only gastronomic geniuses can come up with.
Like marshmallows with popcorn.
Or scrambled eggs with peanut butter.
Well, Casuarina Curry might have something that’ll top these two weirdly delicious items.
The Indian joint has rumbled some stomachs recently with the introduction of their Mala Murtabak.
I know, I know. You’ve never had your mouth water and your bowels shiver at the same time.
For those who’ve had a sad life and not tried either of these items, Mala sauce is a spicy and numbing Chinese sauce, while Murtabak is a savoury Indian pancake stuffed with meat.
According to their Facebook page, Casuarina Curry’s Mala sauce is “made from scratch” by their chefs with Enoki mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, freshly chopped onions, chicken cubes, and is topped with homemade Mala mayo.
The new menu item was introduced on 3 August 2019 and will only be available at their MacPherson outlet.
According to the Indian restaurant, Mala Murtabaks have been flying off the shelves (or pans, rather).
One wonders how the spicy and numbing sauce will pair with the beefy savoury pancake. It could be a flavourful match made in heaven or a gastric clash of the Titans.
There’s only one way to find out.
In this divisive time of brownfaces and racial raps, let this blend of Chinese and Indian dishes melt all your troubles away.
It might melt other things too, like your tongue and intestines, but it might be worth it.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games