There is a reason why I love chicken rice.
Vegetarian chicken rice to be exact.
No, do not ask me why I’m vegetarian.
My job here is to tell you why you should visit 33 Vegetarian Food stall at Teck Ghee Square Market & Food Centre that sells just about the best (vegetarian) chicken rice in the whole of Singapore.
All for $3. An unheard-of price, right?
It’s so good that different blog posts have sprung up singing praises about it.
After having served real chicken for 15 years, Mr Sow, the stall owner, turned his business vegetarian when he and his wife became one (okay, puns not intended).
Besides its heavenly taste, this stall is special in that it serves only mock-chicken-based dishes, such as Chicken Burger, Chicken Cutlet, Chicken Nuggets with fries, Curry Chicken Noodle, Thai Chicken… and also Chicken Rice.
Bestseller: The Healthy Chicken Rice Set ($6.80)
Or you can get their Vegetarian Steamed/Roasted Chicken Rice alone for just $3. (You can have the chicken steamed or roasted, or both. Choice is a game)
Exactly how different is this mock chicken from the real thing?
Vegetarian Chicken Rice vs Its Meat Counterpart
Although the mock chicken reportedly didn’t exactly have the real-chicken taste, it does look tantalizingly like the real one, being done to a perfect crispy brown.
Its “meat” inside is succulent and the whole set comes with pickled vegetables, oyster vegetables and soup on the side. You’ll also get the usual condiments of dark sauce, chilli and ginger.
Sources here mention the impeccable blend and taste between chilli and steamed chicken, and the rice is so sufficiently oily and piquant, you might just mistake it for having been mixed with real chicken fat and stock.
Having said that, it’s okay to turn away from meat once in a while, and go green.
I’ll leave you here to browse through patrons’ comments and give 33 Vegetarian Food a try.
After all, they’ve been in business fifteen years, and offer such delish dishes at so affordable, heyday-Singapore prices. Where to find?
It’s knock-off time. I’m going there right now. Bye!
- Address: 409 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, #01-33 Singapore 560409
- Opening Hours: 11 am to 8 pm daily, 11 am to 6 pm (Tuesdays). Closed on Wednesdays.
- Facebook: Click here.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’pore Chinese Newspapers Call Mercs Lady ‘Hot Fiery Woman’ & Revealed Her Info Without Breaking The Law
- Korean Singer Leaves Band After Sleazy DMs To YouTuber Were Exposed
- Skimpy School Uniform, Like Amended Short Skirt, Now Illegal in Thailand
- Actor Lawrence Wong Gives Up Drinking Bubble Tea Daily Because It Makes His Face Sag
- M’sian Man Caught Sleeping With 2 Women Said He Was Scared Of Lizard In His Room
- Bride’s Parents Walk Down The Aisle For Couple After Groom Was Hospitalised