Last Updated on 2016-08-17 , 6:24 pm
Being part of a startup or a small company is as exciting as it is challenging. Each member in a startup’s team will have to play multiple roles and handle various aspects of the business. Whether it’s to increase your productivity or just to make your workload manageable, we’ve compiled a list of our 5 favourite apps for the SMEs and startups.
Whether it’s to increase your productivity or just to make your workload manageable, we’ve compiled a list of our 5 favourite apps for the SMEs and startups.
1. Productivity – Evernote
Evernote is the app for taking notes, creating to-do lists, storing photos, videos, web pages and audio clips, annotating PDF files and syncing it across all your devices, keeping your notes accessible everywhere you go, and you updated all the time. It can even scan paper documents quickly, digitise business cards and search for content related to your notes and offer real-time collaboration with your teammates seamlessly. Evernote offers a free version, Plus, Premium and Business Premium, with varying features and pricing for your needs.
2. Communication – Skype
Skype is a well-known app for video conferencing and long distance calls, Skype for Business provides dial-in conferencing for up to 250 people, audio, HD video and messaging, with broadcast options for up to 10,000 people. It offers instant messaging and email integration with Office 365 from US$5.50 per month for each user.
3. Project Management – Trello
Trello is a visually appealing and easy-to-use project management app. It’s a real-time collaborative tool that is fantastic to manage projects within the team and projects with clients. You can create boards, lists and cards to share your workflow and collaborate in real-time with a simple drag-and-drop interface. Trello offers integration with Salesforce, Evernote, Dropbox and more.
4. Accounting – Wave
If you’re on a tight budget, and can’t afford to spend much on accounting software, Wave is the perfect solution. It offers a free service for companies with 9 or fewer employees through on an online accessible platform. Wave’s features include invoicing and payments, accounting software and payroll software*, as well as automated import of transactional data from Paypal and more. The free version is supported by ads.
* Wave’s payroll software does not support the required e-submission of Employment Income format, as required by Singapore’s IRAS.
5. Marketing – MailChimp
Driving sales is always the first and most important role in the business. MailChimp is a great email marketing tool that lets you build and manage your email database, create your own email template and send targeted campaigns, with analytic reports to help you improve results. MailChimp is free if you have less than 2000 subscribers and send less than 12,000 emails each month, MailChimp’s paid plans vary based on the size of your database.
Featured Image: Atstock Productions / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat