You have seen many of these Instagram-worthy drinks at bazaars like the Geylang Serai Bazaar, but most of them are either very expensive, or just filled with lots and lots of unhealthy colouring.
However, just recently, Tuk Tuk Cha, a popular store in Singapore that sells Thai Iced tea and toasts, they’ve recently upped the ante to introduce their new series of gradient drinks!
Known for bringing the taste of Thailand to us, this store has gained popularity in Singapore over the past few years, and they’re still coming up with newer items on the menu to impress us!
If you were wondering, the gradient drinks are prepared from butterfly pea flower, also known as Clitoria ternatea, which gives it a blue hue.
From just S$3.50, some of the flavours of the gradient drink includes kiwi, green apple, passion fruit, lychee, yoghurt, fresh lemon, and blue Hawaiian flavours
Gradient drink with health benefits
The drink, too, is known to have health benefits. Unlike other gradient drinks that are filled with unhealthy food colouring, the drink is said to have anti-oxidants as well as pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
And if you were wondering, the reason why the drink changes colours is due to the PH level of the substance added to the drink – e.g, lemon turns the drink from blue to purple.
The drink is now available at all Tuk Tuk Cha outlets. And their recommendations? Definitely the yogurt or lychee flavours!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- he history of Jurong so colourful, your mindset of the west will change after reading this
- A simple recipe to cook Claypot Tofu for the family like a Tze Char Chef
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death