When it comes to Chinese New Year (CNY) snacks, bak kwa has got to be one of those on the top of your list.
However, if you are looking to try something new apart from your regular ones, here are some unusual flavours you should try out.
Crocodile bak kwa
Yes, you read it correctly—crocodile bak kwa. This bak kwa is made using crocodile meat instead of your typical pork or beef.
Traditionally, Chinese doctors believe that crocodile meat or other reptiles can cure asthma.
Get yours at S$15.95 on Shopee.
Premium Truffle bak kwa
If you love truffle and bak kwa, it is time to savour the best of both worlds with Fragrance’s premium truffle bak kwa.
List of Accusations Made Against the 2 Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road:
They are made with the finest pork and Summer Black Truffles, with no preservatives added. The truffles used are harvested from renowned farms in the Marche and Umbria regions in Italy and are air-flown directly to curate the perfect Truffle Bak Kwa.
They come in mini packets so it is easy to distribute amongst your colleagues and relatives.
Get yours from Shopee or Amazon.
Smoked Lycheewood Bak Kwa
Elevate your usual pork bak kwa with a hint of sweetness from lychee wood! Go mess free with this bak kwa as they are individually packed. This means that you can easily share them with your colleagues or family members too.
And not overeat, too.
Get yours at S$9.70 on Shopee.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Pineapple Bak kwa
You heard of pineapple on pizza, or pineapple tarts, but what about pineapple bak kwa?
You can find actual pineapple bits on Xi Shi’s Pineapple Sliced Pork bak kwa. The sweetness of the pineapple binds nicely to the savoury meat.
Get yours at S$24.50 on Shopee.
Plant-based bak kwa
In case you didn’t know, plant-based food products come from beans, lentils, and peas, which are good sources of fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
This also means that your vegan friends can safely consume this CNY goodie without feeling left out that the rest of the group is munching on delicious snacks.
Get yours at S$29.07 on Amazon.
Mala bak kwa
We know that there are spicy flavoured bak kwas available. What if you take the spice to the next level and try out this mala bak kwa instead?
Get yours at S$24.50 on Shopee.
- 8 Best Chinese New Year Goodies to Buy in Singapore So Your Visitors Will Be Impressed
- Guide to When to Stop & Start Work for CNY 2023 Depending On Your Chinese Zodiac Sign
- Tai Sui 2023 Guide: Chinese Zodiac Signs That Need to Bai Tai Sui (拜太岁)
- Ultimate Concise Guide to The Fortune of All Chinese Zodiac Signs in the Year of the Rabbit (2023)
- SUTD Launching Free 3-Year Programming Course With No Teachers & No Classes
- McDonald’s Launching Coconut-Flavoured Soft-Serve Ice Cream on 29 May; Will Be Giving Out 500 Free Cones
- Everything About Renting a Colonial House in Singapore, Simplified for You
- Netizens Reportedly Unhappy With Newly-Revealed NDP Song Because It’s Too “Megachurch-y”
- honestbee Saga Hasn’t Ended As It Still Owes Money to Ex-Employees & Vendors
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee