If you have been keeping up with social media, you would have known about the major accident which occurred on the Causeway on Thursday morning (13 Oct)
It involved two cars and many heavy vehicles, which caused slow-moving traffic on Johor Bahru to Singapore side of the Causeway.
Many photos circulated online, with most of them showing the aftermath of the accidents, so not many know how the accident took place.
However, a video that was recently uploaded to SG Road Vigilantes helps us decipher the accident.
Video Shows What Happened
In the video, a lorry can be seen moving along the left lane at a constant speed even though there were many stationary vehicles.
This eventually led to the lorry banging into the car, which the recorded video came from, and subsequently colliding with another vehicle before coming to a halt.
The lorry did not seem to be stopping down and the reason as to why is currently still unknown.
Photos Show that Car was Wrecked
In the photos that circulated online, it can be seen that the second grey vehicle that the lorry collided with is completely wrecked with the front completely damaged and the back completely crushed by the lorry.
This initial accident also caused a chain of collision among other lorries at the back.
It is noted that the driver of the grey car, who sustained injuries, was trapped in his seat and was rescued by the Johor State Fire and Rescue Department.
The driver was subsequently transported to the hospital for the necessary treatment.
Caused Delay for Travellers
Due to the major accident, debris was scattered everywhere and the vehicles were not operational.
This led to two out of the three lanes on the Causeway being closed, which eventually led to delays for travellers.
The vehicles involved in the accident were subsequently cleared in two hours.Read also:
- American Who Made Fake Bomb Threat on SIA Flight Allegedly Smoked Weed & Has Schizophrenia
- Another Mediacorp Actor, Edwin Goh, Charged with Drink-Driving
- Overloaded Truck Driver Fled from LTA Officer for 4 Hours Coz His Boss Told Him to ‘Try Running Away’
- Pioneer Magazine Just Featured a Very Familiar NSman Who ROD-ed Last Year
- Man Who Sued TTSH For $800k Over His Mum’s Death Lost His Case
Featured Image: Facebook (ジョホール 息子) & Facebook (张旋彬)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death