Things get into food all the time because the world isn’t perfect all the time.
And just because you don’t see foreign objects on your plate (or bowl or plastic bag), or because you’ve never heard of a certain store adding extra ingredients into their goods, doesn’t actually mean that they’re not also imperfect.
Ever wondered how many foreign objects you’ve swallowed by now because they were embedded somewhere in your grub, out of sight?
Well, at least that’s not what happened here, because if the customer hadn’t known that there were inedibles in her kids’ breakfast, neither would we.
Another cheating scandal has emerged, and this time, it involves Show Luo and a young actress. Click on the image to read more!
In today’s episode of “Things that Shouldn’t be in Food that are Found in Food”, it’s wire (or at least something that looks and feels like one) in bread.
Wire in Bakery Bread
A mother, Sarah, happened to be at Tampines on Friday last week (10 May) for a paediatrician appointment and bought a packet of bread from DJ Bakery (Tampines Street 81).
The next morning, she fed it to her two children who are two and five years old respectively.
Of course, that’s when…
“I discovered this black thing in the bread,” she said.
We see what we want to. It’s probably a sign of a healthy, non-paranoid brain that she assumed nothing of the wire initially.
“A first I thought it was blueberry filling but when I took a closer look, I realised it was a stiff black thread or wire.”
Did You Know Eating Wires is Bad?
She does. “I can’t imagine if my kids accidentally ate it.”
“It’s a choking hazard and so unhygienic.”
Rather than a choking hazard, a small, sharp object runs the risk of tearing the oesophagus. If it’s likely to pass through the stomach, it also has the potential of perforating the small intestine. This exposes the abdomen to the bacteria from the intestines, which may cause serious infections.
Now isn’t that a fun fact!
So it’s a very good thing that the hazard was spotted in time, because of the mother’s habit of feeding her kids, unlike her husband who would usually “just let them eat by themselves.”
DJ Bakery’s Response
Besides feeding Stomp, Sarah also alerted DJ bakery about the issue and was offered a refund when she returned to the outlet.
Living in Sengkang, she turned down the offer, saying “It’s not about the money, the bread cost $1.60,” and that she just wanted to alert them so they’re aware.
Moral of the story: if you find it weird, investigate.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- After DM Leaks, Carrie Wong ‘Lost’ a Role That Was Planned for Rebecca Lim
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King Kopi Pie & Chilli Cheese Bites Review: Best Pie Ever, Worst Bite Ever
- Lawyer Who Ran Away with $33m Had Planned His Escape Like a Movie Criminal
- Huawei to Give 100% Refund if Facebook & Google Apps Stop Working, But Only in The Philippines
- ‘New Version’ of Avengers: Endgame is Coming Back to Theatres With Additional Scenes Next Week
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!