There are many issues in the world that could be debated forever.
Are cats or dogs cuter?
Would we be able to know whether chicken comes first, or egg comes first?
Can we truly tell the difference between regular Coke and Coke Zero?
And today, here’s one more debate that’ll get into the Guinness Book of Debates:
Is it okay for this woman to do this:
Caught you in a dilemma, didn’t I?
Here’s what allegedly went down.
Happened in Singapore MRT
In a Reddit thread, someone posted this image in the subreddit r/trashy, which’s an international community whereby people post “Trashy stories, trashy glamour, all things fake, plastic, and downright trashy, low-class, no-class, white trash, bimbos, and damn proud.”
With 1.4 million members, it has reach beyond any Singaporean’s imagination, so you can guess how excited Singaporeans are when they see a local image there.
But of course, how would you know that this image originated from our sunny island?
The original poster has clarified that it’s indeed in Singapore, and here’s what went down straight from the horse’s mouth:
So the situation went like this – This kid who looked to be about 4 or 5 years old was falling asleep on the old lady’s arm. She gave a couple of annoyed looks to the kid’s mom/caretaker but they didn’t care.
The lady’s husband (on her right) offered to switch seats but apparently holding a toothpick close to where the kid’s head hit was a better solution..
And here’s when the debate began: we all hate sleepy folks whose head swings like a ragdoll in the train, but holding a toothpick in order to shock (and possibly injure) the boy to retaliate? Especially so when a better solution (her husband offering to change seat) is being proposed?
Is it justifiable?
Surprisingly, not everyone’s against the auntie. In fact, most people are on her side.
But of course, there were some who think otherwise:
This, indeed, is a chicken and egg issue.
But the question remains: is the woman simply trying to stop the boy’s head from dropping onto her arms, or is she looking for blood?
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage