Let’s face it: most of us know the importance of serving NS, but we just sort of resent the fact that we are the one who needs to be involved in this duty, right?
Well, granted that some of us do feel proud to be doing their service, the fact remains that we’ll lose two years of our life—and we can do a lot of things in two years.
If you’re having that thought, here’s one video that might just tell you why you must suit up to be in your FBO for two years.
Because without your two years, we can’t do anything for the rest of our life.
Here’s the transcript of the beautiful narration that is so well-expressed, I could almost memorize it.
Two years…was all they said.
Two years…was all that’s needed of me.
Two years…I could have been happy.
I would be spending the time I had with the love of my life.
As we planned and hoped for the future.
I could have had opportunities as I started working as a young aspiring designer in this world.
I could have made it big and accomplished something I’ve never thought possible.
I could have…and I should have…
In those two years, I’ve learnt that without me, there won’t be any future for the love of my life.
Without me, young aspiring kids won’t even have a world to live in.
And in those two years, I truly saw the importance of friendship, of brotherhood and of camaraderie, regardless of where we come from.
Until today, I still believe my brothers would die for me, as I could for them.
Singapore gave me my brothers
Singapore gave me my success.
Singapore gave me my wife and son.
Singapore gave me a home.
Although I’ve finished my National Service
What I’ve learnt in two years
I’ve gained for one lifetime.
Whenever Singapore needs me, I’ll be there.
So no matter where you are right now:
- You could be waiting to enlist
- Struggling to pass IPPT
- Going back for RT
- Going back for ICT despite the work piling up
Just remember, what you learn in two years, you’ll gain for one lifetime.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Baby Drinks 1.5 Litres Of Coffee Every Day As Parents Can‘t Afford Milk
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King’s Bulgogi Chicken Review: More like Bugouji (不够鸡)
- Woman Suffered Terrible Rash On Body After Three Months of Working Late
- 25YO Man Avoids Peeing After Night of Heavy Drinking; Wakes Up With Ruptured Bladder
- M’sian Who Drank at Least 2 Soft Drinks Every Day Almost Loses Arm
- The Number of Times A Person Has To Poop A Day Based On Statistics