Singapore is always evolving, with new infrastructures sprouting out from the ground every year or so—you can only imagine how different Singapore looked like in the 80s as compared to now.
Well, you don’t have to imagine it, millennials, as there is a video on Youtube that features what was life like in 1987!
Filmed with an old-school camcorder while on a car—you can say it is a makeshift in-car camera—you will get to see in-between moments of what appears to be Orchard Road.
This is the only way for me to know what was life like in the 80s since I am a 90s kid.
At 3 minutes and 24 seconds, the video manages to capture the nostalgia that most of us yearn for.
As you can see, people were allowed to cross the road to reach Tangs.
Non-AC buses made an appearance as well.
When was the last time you saw a taxi that looked like this:
And I think it is safe to say that the people on the video weren’t glued on their phones, just living in the moment, something we all can learn from.
Most of them were all grateful for the video…
But this eagle-eyed user saw something we all chose not to see…
Well, sooner than you know it, we will be 30 years into the future, looking back at 2018 as if it was only yesterday.
So, let’s appreciate what we have as it might just slip through our fingers like sand.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Here’s What Happened To Megan Fox, Every 90s Guy’s Dream Girl
- 10 Funny Ways 90s Kids Used to Attract Their Crushes’ Attention Before Facebook Existed
- 8 products that shows how technology has changed since the 1980s
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: screengrab of video
Latest posts by Goody Feed Team (see all)
- LADIES: 7 Stylish Ways to Wear Red This CNY 2018 - January 16, 2018
- 5 EASY Ways to Start a Conversation During Chinese New Year - January 16, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: Overnight 2 X Free-flow Buffet, Hot Pool & Sauna at $38 - January 16, 2018