Well, to be honest, I’ve no idea why this is such a viral news. Over in the Channel NewsAsia Facebook Page, this happened.
Over 2.5K Shares in five hours. Wow. I’m presuming many people are getting married in Singapore, no?
Anyway, here’s the main juice: from 1 July 2017, the marriage fee in Singapore will increase. Here’s a basic breakdown of the increase:
If at least one of you is Singaporean or PR: from $26 to $42.
If both of you are foreigners: from $128 (weekdays), $198 (weekends) or $298 (popular dates) to a fixed price of $380.
The fees to extract marriage records or marriage cert remain unchanged.
Here’s the new “menu” in table form:
It’s just interesting to know that so many people are interested in the marriage fees when not many have actually cared about the cost. I mean, if you’re worried about $42 to get married (legally), you should have many other things to worry about.
And by the way, just so you know, I did the check for you on when is the earliest date for solemnization, lest you decide to file your notice of marriage today.
If you’re already in ROM today, congrats: you just saved some money.
But seriously, congrats: now go do your national service and make some babies.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Once You Know This Secret Workout, You’ll Never Go To A Gym Again
- Here’s a Hack to Make Part-time Jobs Look for You Instead of You Looking for Part-time Jobs
Featured Image: Nik Nova / Shutterstock.com
Latest posts by George Yang (see all)
- AFC Organizer Has Revealed Pradip’s Cause of Death: It was Cardiac Arrest - September 24, 2017
- Steven Lim’s Fight: 11 Facts About the AFC Match That Resulted in a Tragedy - September 24, 2017
- You Can Now Buy This Kopi Takeaway Bag. No, We Mean a REAL Bag. - September 23, 2017