Ah, SAF Day.
Lest you don’t know, it falls on 1 July 2019.
It’s the day when businesses all over Singapore suddenly thank all Singapore soldiers for their service by offering discounts for a day or for a short period. I’m 101% sure they’re very sincere with their gratitude.
In other words, the US might have Black Friday Sale and China might have 11/11 Sale, we Singapore have SAF Day sale.
While all would require you to show your 11B (an Identity card that all SAF personnel would have, even after they’ve ORDed), I’m sure you know someone who has one.
For more info about serving in the SAF, we’ve done a video just so that you won’t make the mistake of using an image of a China soldier for a SAF Day promotion:
You can actually go through the countless promotions here, but your fellow SAF NSman here, who’s also marched in one SAF Day, is here to find the best-est deal for you.
(I swear I wasn’t just looking for the best-est deal for myself)
Coffee Bean Ice-Blended Drink at 50% Off
Of course we’ve to start with this, don’t we?
The coffee chain shows us how important it is to ensure that Singaporean males are hired because this blunder has caused outrage all over Singapore.
Despite that, it has given it a publicity that no other business could dream of: though I’m not sure if the brand manager is happy about it.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Valid from 1 July to 7 July 2019
- Ice Blended drinks only
- Not applicable with any other promotions and/or discount
- Valid for SAF personnel in uniform or when 11B is present
- No PLA Navy uniform required (okay, this one we add in ourselves one)
$0.50 Kopi / Tea in all Kopitiam / NTUC Foodfare
If you’re like BuffLord95 who’s so upset with Coffee Bean’s mistake that you’ve decided to boycott the chain, but still need your coffee fix, no worries: Starbucks is just nearby.
But if you’ve as poor as BuffLord95, fret not; there’s still Kopitiam and NTUC Foodfare.
On 1 July 2019, over 90 Kopitiam and NTUC Foodfare outlets would be providing anyone who’s been in service (both SAF and Home Team!) with their coffee fix at mere $0.50!
And the best-est of all? There no limit to the number of cups in each store, so you’ll not be hearing words like “Sorry, no more liao.”
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid on 1 Jul 2019.
- Present 11B / Home Team NS IC or be in your SAF uniform upon ordering to enjoy this promotion.
- Available at all NTUC Foodfare and Kopitiam food courts and coffee shops on 1 July 2019.
- Applies to hot kopi, kopi-O, kopi-C, teh, teh-O, teh-C (inclusive of kosong).
- Available for take-away, and surcharges will vary at each outlet.
- Promotion is offered to all past and present national servicemen (uniform and non-uniform).
- Limited to 1 cup per order.
- Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions/discounts/coupons.
- Promotion is not applicable at the following hawker centres: Bukit Panjang, Kampung Admiralty, Our Tampines Hub & Pasir Ris Central.
- NTUC Foodfare and Kopitiam reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Discounts in NTUC FairPrice
Nothing screams “Singapore” more than these four letters: NTUC.
And this year, NTUC FairPrice is chionging with what is called a “SAF Day Super Deals”.
Simply put, these six products would be going for 50% off:
- Shoon Fatt Assorted Biscuits – Let’s Party/Starkist 900g
- FairPrice Cashews Value Pack – Natural Baked/Butter/Unsalted Roasted 400g
- Follow Me Green Tea Shampoo/Conditioner 650ml
- New Zealand Koru Apple (3 per pack)
- Turkish Apricot 350g
- Milo Activ-GO Nutri-Up/Nutri G 6s x 225ml
The products can be purchased at FairPrice, FairPrice Finest, FairPrice Xtra and Warehouse Club.
For more info, tap here.
(Editor’s Note: A previous version of the article showed 6 different items going for 50% off. We apologise for the oversight and will work harder to prevent such a mistake again.)
1 for 1 Weekday High Tea Dim Sum Buffet in Yum Cha
For the entire month of July, you can enjoy 1-for-1 weekday high tea dim sum buffet in Yum Cha Chinatown!
It’s only for the first 10 customers, so remember to fall in early. If you’re late, no worries; you’ll still get 15% discount as long as you’ve your 11B with you.
IPPT? Who cares about that when we’ve free-flow siew mai?
Terms & Conditions
- Valid from 1 to 31 July 2019.
- Promotion is only applicable to customers with SAF 11B.
- Promotion is only applicable at Yum Cha Chinatown outlet.
- 1-For-1 promotion strictly applies to first 10 customers and does not apply to customers who make reservations.
- Subsequent customers who present 11B enjoy 15% discount off the buffet price.
- Promotion is not valid on weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
- The management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as necessary.
22% Off Fuel in All SPC Stations
For non-drivers, you must be thinking: Wow!
But drivers will say, “Oh, my SPC card and credit card already give me about 20% off, so this one is just 2% more discount lah.”
Which, unfortunately, is true.
But hey: any discount is goody discount, especially so when one would pump about $100 worth of petrol each time. You’re saving an additional $2, which you can use it to buy a can of Coke!
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid from 28 June – 2 July 2019
- Present 11B / Home Team NS IC card or be in your SAF uniform to enjoy the promotion.
- This promotion CANNOT be combined with other promotions, lucky draws, coupons and/or with special tie-ups, unless otherwise stated.
- This promotion CANNOT be combined with SPC&U, PDVL/TDVL, SPC&U Taxi and SSPHBOA discount.
- All bank related rebates and rewards on the fuel transaction are valid.
- SPC reserves the rights to amend the applicable Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- All decisions made by SPC in respect to this promotion are final.
20% Off KTV Room Charges in THE CHEVRONS
If you don’t know where THE CHEVRONS is, you probably won’t qualify for the promotions here.
Anyone who’s served in SAF would know this place: it used to house the only e-mart outside of SAF camps, and is usually host to many ORD parties.
But did you know that there’s a KTV there?
Not only is it affordable, the beer is duty-free, too, so everything there shouts “cheap!”
And now, with an additional 20% discount?
Shut up and take my money!
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid from 1 – 31 July 2019
- Present SAF 11B or be in your SAF uniform to enjoy the promotion.
- Only valid from Sunday to Thursday.
- Promotion is valid for booking of Deluxe or Premium rooms.
- The management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this promotion without prior notice.
Up to 40% off selected products in Sony Store
Okay, this one, I can just copy and paste because I’m not part of the video team that creates terrible videos for Goody Feed:
- a7 III Full-frame Mirrorless Camera – ILCE-7M3 (SRP: $2,899) at $2,799 + FREE Rechargeable Battery Pack + FREE 64GB High Speed SD Card
- a6000 E-mount Camera with APS-C Sensor – ILCE-6000L (SRP: $1,099) at $719 + FREE 16GB SD Card
- RX100 VI Compact Camera with Broad Zoom range and Super-fast AF – DSC-RX100M6 (SRP: $1,649) at $1,499 + FREE 64GB SD Card
- XB01 EXTRA BASS™ Portable Bluetooth® Speaker – SRS-XB01 (SRP: $59) at $39
- XB41 EXTRA BASS™ Portable Bluetooth® Speaker – SRS-XB41 (SRP: $329) at $279
- Glass Sound Speaker – LSPX-S1 (SRP: $1,199) at $1,149
- 2.1ch Compact Soundbar with Bluetooth Technology – HT-MT300 (SRP: $599) at $399
- Wireless In-ear Sports Headphones with Open Type Drivers – WI-SP500 (SRP: $99) at $79
- Truly Wireless Noise-cancelling Headphones with Splash-proof Design – WF-SP700N (SRP: $299) at $249
- Industry-leading Noise-cancellation Wireless Headphones – WH-1000XM3 (SRP: $549) at $519
- 43 inch 4K HDR Android TV – KD-43X8000G (SRP: $1,549) at $1,099
- 49 inch 4K HDR Smart TV – KD-49X7000G (SRP: $1,699) at $1,139
They will be available in five stores:
- [email protected] (Tel: 6634 9497)
- Bugis (Tel: 6837 0646)
- IMM (Tel: 6566 9212)
- NEX (Tel: 6636 6826)
- Wisma Atria (Tel: 6341 9945)
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid from 1 July to 31 August 2019
- Present valid 11B / Home Team NS IC in person upon ordering or purchasing of product(s) or service(s).
- Not valid with other promotions, privileges, discount cards and promotional vouchers, whichever is applicable.
Completely FREE Drinks for SAF Human Beings
As long as you’re a human being who’s served in the SAF, and you’re always the first person to fall in, then this is for you.
Just head down to Sembawang Shopping Centre and be the first 30 human beings with 11B to redeem free drinks.
But here’s something I need to wong you: Sembawang Shopping Centre isn’t the mall that’s next to Sembawang MRT Station. There’s no MRT beside this mall, so I’m not sure if the free drink is worth the Grab trip #justsaying
If you’re based in Chong Pang Camp, then you can route march there lah.
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid from 1 to 5 July 2019 Only.
- Present your SAF 11B at Sembawang Shopping Centre, Customer Service Counter, Level 2 from 10.00am to 10.00pm to redeem FREE TREAT coupon.
- Limited to one redemption per SAFman (SSC, what the heck is SAFman?!?!?!) per day. While stocks last and on a first come first served basis.
- Redemption of TREAT with coupon to be made with merchant by 31 July 2019. Merchant Terms & Conditions may apply; refer in-store for details.
1 for 1 Pasta in fArt tArtz Yishun
If you’ve not tried anything from fArt tArtz before, you’re missing out on life.
While the name sounds weird, you can bet that their food isn’t. And with 1-for-1 pasta, it’s about time you give this cafe cum restaurant a try.
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid from 1 July to 31 August 2019.
- Present your 11B / Home Team NS IC or be in your SAF uniform upon ordering to enjoy this promotion.
- Strictly for dine-in only.
- Valid for “Pasta” section only, while stocks last.
- Free Pasta must be of equal or lower value.
- Limited to maximum of 2 redemptions per cardholder per day.
- Not valid for set menu, student meal, discounted items, app promotions and vouchers.
- Can be combined with other food items under in-house promotion.
- Not applicable for private events.
- Cash or nets payment only. Not valid for partners’ payment methods
- The management reserves the rights to amend the promotion without prior notice.
Buy 2 Get 1 Free – One-Day Pass to S.E.A. Aquarium
If you’ve not been to the S.E.A. Aquarium in Sentosa, mark these dates down: 1 July to 7 July 2019.
If you buy your tickets during this period, you’ll get three tickets for the price of two. And you can visit the attraction anytime between 1 July to 31 July!
Though there’s just a little problem: you need to have an 11B or Home Team NS IC for entry. Which means it can only be an outing with your bruhs instead of with your family members. Cheesepie leh.
Terms & Condition:
- Book online within 7-days window period from 1 to 7 July 2019
- Tickets are dated, visit within 1 to 31 July only (1-month)
- Present 11B / Home Team NS IC upon entry at turnstile for verification.
- Limited to 6 tickets per transaction
- Ticket cannot be resold, exchanged or revalidated
Millions of Hawker Discounts
Many hawkers are giving discount as well, and truth to be told, this might be the sincerest one since those hawkers have either served NS before or their sons have donned the uniform before.
Various hawkers are giving different promotions; just tap here to see if your favourite char kway teow stall is having any promotion or not.
And with that, I shall leave you with a video that our dear Mindef has done for us:
Yes, thank me for my service!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill