Last Updated on 2022-10-28 , 5:00 pm
You love spending time in the kitchen.
In fact, if you could, you will like to live there and eat all the time. From morning to night. With a spoonful of deliciousness stuck in your mouth.
There are certain things that nag at you when you cook, though. Prep work’s such a bore. And cleaning up just drains your energy.
Use these hacks and you will be able to save yourself loads of time.
1. Freeze Bananas For A Healthy Ice Cream
Buy them in bulk for the price of peanuts and store them in a clear plastic bag.
Take a couple out whenever you feel the need for ice cream, blend them, and finally sprinkle some nuts and add some chocolate syrup.
2. Mess-Free Pancake Batter
Use a pastry bag or a zip-lock bag to mix your pancake batter.
Your cleaning up is much less now, and will even be able to make funky-shaped pancakes.
3. Cut Soft Food with Dental Floss
This is the perfect way to slice your Swiss rolls and cheese. The best part is that you do not have to wash sticky knives to wash either.
4. Pre-Plan Your Meals on Weekends
Always eating out because you don’t have time to cook on weekends?
Go on a massive cooking session in your kitchen on Saturdays and Sundays, and store them in plastic containers. If you are ever hungry, you can pick a random meal from your very own fridge.
5. Fresh Herbs and Olive Oil
Buy oregano, basil or thyme and chop them up. Sort the bits into ice cube trays and cover them with olive oil. These are fantastic for flavouring your dishes.
6. Dry Your Own Herbs
Do you have leftover herbs from your Italian dish? Dry the leaves out in a microwave and they’ll last much longer.
7. Keep Your Baked Treats Moist and Soft
How to avoid dry baked goods? Store them in a plastic container with an apple slice on top.
8. Peeling Boiled Eggs Easily
Here’s how it’s done. Put the egg inside a glass of water and shake it. The egg shell then slips off easily and you will look like a pro egg peeler.
9. Weave Bacon into a Square Before Baking Them
Once you try this, you won’t want your bacon strips any other way. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and roll out the bacon slices into baking paper.
Lay out the bacon slices horizontally in the other direction and fold them into a square.
Put them into the oven and use kitchen towels to absorb the excess oil.
10. Place Lemon Slices Below Your Grilled Fish
This prevents the fish slice from breaking up while it cooks. It also gives a zing of flavour.
Featured Image: NYT Cooking & Household Hacker / YouTube.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast