Every Singaporean has heard about 4D or TOTO, but how much do you actually know about the establishment that has brought you these betting games?
You’ll be surprised at how little you know, actually.
Here are 10 facts about Singapore Pools, you probably didn’t know about.
1. Singapore Pools is 51 years old
Singapore Pools was established on 23 May 1968! So this year, it will be 51 years old— more than half a century!
2. It was actually a practical set-up by the government to tackle illegal gambling.
A smart move by the government, instead of banning it, they actually created a safe and legal outlet for those who gamble, and therefore putting an end to any underground activities by secret societies. (The 60s sounds like an exciting era albeit dangerous)
But I’ll be honest with you, illegal bookies still exist. Just that they have lesser customers now.
3. Don’t fret if you lose.
I have never gambled, but I definitely know what it feels like to lose. I can only imagine it must suck so bad to lose money.
But hey, you’re actually helping Singapore.
The surpluses from Singapore actually goes into the community chest. Which is given to charity, education, sports, community development and etcetera.
So the more you lose, the more good karma you’d have. Pretty lit, right?
4. Singapore Pools have helped fund our country’s iconic landmarks.
…you’ll help Singapore build our iconic landmarks.
Singapore Pools funded Singapore’s first National Stadium, the Indoor Stadium, the Esplanade, The Sports Hub and the futuristic Gardens By The Bay.
So if you gamble, you can go to these places and proudly tell others you’ve helped build these iconic Singaporean features.
5. They also fund our nation’s monumental events.
Yes, the National Day Parade and the spectacular Chingay Parade.
In a way, you’re actually donating. So if you lose the next time, just think of all these contributions you have made.
And if someone tells you that’s our taxpayer money whenever the fireworks light up the sky, tell them it’s also your 4D money. Or your Toto money. Or when Manchester United lost to Manchester City.
6. There are supposedly lucky Singapore Pool outlets.
Here’s what you guys have been waiting for.
There are 10 Singapore Pool outlets scattered around Singapore that are considered lucky!
And we’ve even written about it! Check it out here.
You’re welcome 😉
7. You can actually study past winning numbers.
Are you a whiz in statistics or studying patterns? You can actually check past winning numbers.
However, they did say that every 4D number has the same chance of 1 in 10,000.
But if you want to have a go at it. Click here.
That or you just want inspiration for your next lucky buy.
8. Singapore Pools was granted an exemption under the Remote Gambling Act 2014.
Singapore is very strict when it comes to illegal online betting. Except to Singapore Pools.
As of last year, Singapore Pools was exempted from the Remote Gambling Act 2014.
Okay…simply put, you can place your bets via online or telephone through your Singapore Pools account.
9. Job opportunities
Every millennial is looking for a job these days, especially the fresh grads.
Why not join Singapore Pools, they even have internships and part-time positions! Don’t say, I never BO JIO ah.
10. Gambling is an addiction.
It is all fun and games, but sometimes it can lead to an unhealthy obsession. Always seek help if you feel you might be addicted.
Singapore Pools has a page dedicated to those who need help.
Always play smart!
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’