Last Updated on 2017-11-28 , 12:00 pm
When was the last time you visited a carnival?
I am not talking about USS; I am talking about the old-school carnivals that have rides such as the bumper cars, carousels, and pirate ships.
It is probably Uncle Ringo, giving us a night of nostalgia albeit fleeting.
Now, there is a carnival in town that is of epic proportions.
I am talking the Prudential Marina Bay Carnival.
Doesn’t it look magical?
Still not convinced?
Here are 10 facts about the biggest carnival in Singapore that will change your mind.
1) The biggest carnival in Singapore
According to the carnival team, this is Singapore’s biggest carnival, Channel NewsAsia reported.
Spanning 25,000 sq m, the carnival is as huge as the size of three and a half football fields!
I am guessing, this could be a whole day event or maybe a date?
2) It will be at Marina Bay
As the moniker suggests, it will be located at Marina Bay—The Promontory and Bayfront Event Space to be exact.
The carnival will operate from 8 Dec 2017 to 1 Apr 2018.
3) It is free
Okay, technically it is free because you don’t have to pay for admission. But you still have to pay for the rides and games.
4) You can buy the credits online
Don’t waste time buying the credits on the day itself. You can actually purchase them online!
The organisers mentioned that the games and rides will cost betwixt $4 to $10 which is pretty decent, given that it is located in Marina Bay
5) Star Flyer
This is just one of the many adrenaline-inducing rides; you will get a 360degree view of the Singapore skyline as you will be swung around 35m in the air.
6) Booster Maxx
This one might be a little scary. The Straits Times reported that it can reach a speed of 96kmh and it goes up to 55m high.
Just make sure you are not bloated when you take the ride.
7) Cyclone Coaster
What’s a carnival without a roller coaster?
The Cyclone Coaster will please any thrill seekers.
8) Das Fun Schiff (Pirate Ship)
Another classic ride that Singaporean’s will be familiar with.
I mean who can forget the pirate ship ride in Sentosa back in the day?
9) Amazing food
The food looks as amazing as the rides.
A plethora of sensational bites like…
Burgers from Hyde & Co.
Mentaiko Bao from The Bao Makers
And so much more!
10) Stall games and more
The carnival is not limited to only rides.
There will be 30 carnival game stalls where you can win plush toys for your bae.
You can also expect music performances including hip-hop rapper, TheLionCityBoy and electro-pop singer, Jasmine Sokko.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Minion Café Opens in S’pore. Here’s What You Should Know
- 10 Facts About Pasar Malam in S’pore You Probably Didn’t Know Of
- 2 New Rides Coming To Wild Wild Wet On October That Shows They’re Not Dead Yet
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Marina Bay Carnival Facebook
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use