I was making my morning commute to work, as usual, scrolling through social media when I got the shock of my life.
There was a huge sinkhole in Singapore last night?!
Oh, it’s a burst pipe but I get why people are calling it a sinkhole.
My first thought—confirm Yishun. #SorryNotSorry
Can you blame me? Except, this time, you can.
Sorry Yishunites, Bukit Batok stole your thunder because this happened right here in the west. And it’s super near our office.
Here are 10 facts on what went down at Bukit Batok last night.
1. What happened
There was a pipe burst at Bukit Batok, and according to resident Eileen Tey, she told Channel NewsAsia that she saw the foundation on her way home around 10 pm.
She also mentioned that it was at knee level before it shot up to three to four storeys high.
2. Here is the footage of the incident
WAH, it looked like Blastoise used hydro pump!
3. Which part of Bukit Batok
To be accurate, as reported by Channel New Asia, it happened in Bukit Batok West at the junction of Bukit Batok West Avenue 6 and Bukit Batok West Avenue 8.
4. What caused the pipe to burst
For those who think it’s commando rats, think again.
Bukit Batok MP Murali Pillai said that according to an SCDF officer, the pipe was damaged after a collision between a motor vehicle and a surface pipe.
5. PUB notified the public about the disruption and was trying to get road operations back to normal
If you can’t read it:
Notice: PUB received reports of a pipe leak at the junction of Bukit Batok West Avenue 6 and Bukit Batok West Avenue 8 since 2153hrs. Our officers and contractors are attending to the incident. Motorists are advised to take alternate routes.
6. And as usual, there will always be that funny guy in the room
Wonder what Thai milk tea actually means?*pukes*
Now, this is a good one.
See what I mean about stealing your thunder, Yishun? At least you still have your president.
7. PUB saved the day
The fountain started to slowly weaken around 12:30 am. They isolated the pipe leak at 1:05 am, and they have started to repair it.
PUB announced that they’ve isolated the pipe leak since 1.50 am the next day.
They are repairing the pipe and the leftmost lane along Bukit Batok West Ave 6 will be cordoned off for repair.
8. Current update
We sent one of our guys down to the site where the incident happened, in the name of accurate journalism.
Okay, he just wanted to feel cool but anyways.
Road operations are back to semi-normal and there was an LTA bike at the scene with orange cones cordoning off the leftmost lane of Bukit Batok West Ave 6.
Repair works are still on-going as of 9.30 am this morning.
9. What happened to the motorcyclist
As of now, there are no news or updates about him, though we hope he is safe.
From weird burning smells in the Northeast to this, Singapore is really expecting the unexpected.
But you got to give it to PUB. Yesterday night pipe burst so jialat until people say sinkhole, today everything seems back to normal.
Maybe LTA can learn a bit from you guys eh #JokingOnlyRelaxLah
Thank you PUB and SCDF!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Smokers, There’s Going To Be Even More Places You Cannot Smoke At After 1 Oct 2017
- China Tourists Will Now Receive a 50-Page Booklet on How to Behave in S’pore
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: channelnewsasia Facebook Page
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games