Is it just me, or are houses really prone to catching fire these days? Just slightly over a week ago, an HDB flat in Toa Payoh went up in flames. And just a few days ago, an HDB flat in Serangoon followed suit. As if that wasn’t enough, 2 days ago, an HDB flat in Tampines decided to join the fray.
Just so you know, this article is not about another fire in Serangoon North. It’s the same incident, but with interesting updates. Allow me to run things through with you in point form(Not that I am lazy or anything, ahem).
1) When did it happen?
On 18 Jan, a fire broke out in a unit on the second storey of Block 147 Serangoon North Avenue 1 at around 7 pm.
2) Any casualties?
Over 60 residents were evacuated, with 2 women being taken to the hospital due to breathing difficulties.
Luckily, no one was severely injured due to the fire.
3) Eyewitness accounts
Mr Xu Chun Mu, the owner of a convenience store at the foot of the block, said:
“There was thick black smoke coming from the 2nd floor.”
“I ran out to take a look, and within five minutes, the entire unit was in flames.”
“I heard a series of five explosions and quickly called the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).”
4) Power outage
Another resident said that the air-conditioning in his block had stopped working following a blackout. Afterwards, he discovered that there had been a fire and residents were being evacuated.
5) Cause of the incident
The cause of the incident was allegedly due to a malfunctioning electric socket. An electric fan was in operation at the moment and the fire started spreading quickly.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
6) Where’s the owner of the flat?
The owner of the flat, a 29-year-old man said that he was inside the bedroom along with his wife and daughter when they saw a spark in an electric socket.
The fire started spreading quickly. Holding his daughter who was asleep at the time, they fled the house together with the man’s mother who was also in the house at the time.
“My mother was also in the house at that time.
“We ran so fast, we didn’t have time to put on shoes.”
Rather than me explaining, have a look at the damages for yourself.
Yeap, looks like everything was burned to a crisp. I’m glad they managed to get out of the flat in time!
8) All is not well
However, like what we’ve mentioned, there have been some updates to the story.
Upon returning to his flat, the man realized that the safe in his house had malfunctioned due to the heat. In other words, yes, there were valuables in the house.
9) How much was lost?
After finally cracking the safe open, he found out that all $10,000 cash inside had been burnt to a crisp.
Wait, $10,000? Why would you have $10,000 in a safe? Shouldn’t you be keeping the money in a bank or be investing the money in something?
Unless he’s a really rich fella, I’m pretty sure $10,000 is a large sum of money for a 29-year-old!
As always, I’ve run out of things to talk about.
Hmm, well then, let’s take a look at the comments section!
Like what some of the comments were saying, “money can earn again”. At the end of the day, I guess they should be glad that everyone got out of the house safely.
That being said, like what the last comment is saying, invest in a fire extinguisher if you can!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Everything You Need To Know About The Tampines HDB Flat Fire in 60 Secs
- Everything About the Serangoon HDB Fire You’ve Got to Know
- Everything About the Toa Payoh HDB Fire in 60 Sec
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: stomp.straitstimes.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- BTS Fan Came 'Half-Naked' While Stalking Idol to Gain Attention
- Husband Didn’t Reveal Phone Password to Wife So Wife Set Him on Fire
- Girl Refused To Go On Second Date with Guy Cuz He Never Paid For Her Lobster Meal
View this post on Instagram
The Coca-Cola Plus Coffee has arrived in Singapore, and let’s just say that the taste is very subjective: one of us thinks it’s like coffee candy, one of us thinks it’s like carbonated dark chocolate milk and one of us think it’s like Vanilla Coke. However, none of us thinks that it’s worth a second try, simply because we’ll all rather have Coke and coffee separately. Read the full review in our app. Link in bio. #sgig #sg #singapore #instasg #yoursingapore #sgphoto #singaporean #singaporelife #thisissingapore #instagramsg #igerssingapore #iluvsg #sgdaily #singaporeig #sglocal #sglifestyle #sgbloggers #sgblogger #sgfood #sgfoodies #foodsg #sgigfood #sgfoodporn #coke #cokecoffeeplus #cocacolacoffee #cocacola #sgcoffee