Last Updated on 2022-05-15 , 1:14 pm
Bedok reservoir is one of the places in Singapore that is claimed to be haunted by many. Here are some of the things that have happened at the place that caused it to become one of the most notorious places in Singapore.
1. Something Cuts Your Legs When You Go into the Water
There were incidents of people suffering very bad cuts on their feet after falling into the water from their kayak. While it was concluded that its was due to illegal fish that were released into the reservoir by people, some think otherwise.
2. A Mysterious Fire in Bedok Reservoir
A ground floor unit at Bedok reservoir caught fire before but the cause of the fire was not established. Luckily, no one was injured but it left people guessing what caused the fire.
3. A Suicide Case and Haunting Laughter
In the past, there was a famous suicide case of a mother jumping down 25 storeys to her death after throwing down her 3-year-old son. The case was classified as a suicide and no foul play was suspected. Until today, the laughter of the mother and son could still be heard in the middle of the night.
4. A Vacant Flat
There were rumours that a family had once stayed in a flat near Bedok reservoir and they committed suicide. After their death, the flat was left vacant but neighbours would sometimes see flickering lights in the house.
5. Floating half-body
A floating half-body of a Chinese National Lin Xiao was found in Bedok Reservoir and again, it was suspected to be another suicide case.
6. Mother and son
The bodies of Madam Tan Sze Sze and her 3-year-old son were found floating on Bedok reservoir. It was reported that she was distressed over her custody battle with her husband.
7. 2 bodies
On 2 September 2012, 2 bodies were found on the same day. A body was found in the reservoir at 6.52 am. Then at 1.59 pm, an unresponsive man was found on the park bench and pronounced dead afterwards.
8. Yet another body
On 4 June 2015, a man was found dead along Bedok reservoir road. Not only are deaths occurring in the water but also on land as well.
9. More suicides
In the earlier part of 2012, a man was charged of attempting suicide at the reservoir but a few weeks later, another floating body was found.
10. Religion leaders
Religion leaders from 8 major faiths were invited by the authorities to bless the area in 2011 but despite that, suicides continued.
With so many suicide cases happening at the Bedok reservoir, it is no wonder why the place is being labelled as haunted by many.
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024