Ten to twenty years ago, Singapore was very different. The streets weren’t filled with handphone shops or hipster cafes, but shops that did not exist now.
If you’ve been to any of these shops before, whether it was below an HDB flat or in a shopping centre, then congrats: You’re officially an uncle or auntie now.
Sembawang Music Centre
When it comes to music, it wasn’t always iTune. Long, long ago, the most affordable music was in Sembawang Music Centre, and it’s not just in Sembawang but all over Singapore.
And just so you know, it was called Sembawang Music Centre because its very first outlet then was in Sembawang Shopping Centre.
Before Netflix–eh, let’s go even further back–before YouTube, there was Video Ezy. We rented a DVD to watch at home with our loved ones. Now, we don’t even have a DVD player at home.
By the way, anyone remembers VCD?
Yes, it was revived for a while by POPULAR, but now, it’s now gone forever. If you ever have memories reading your favourite books in there and treating it like a library instead of a bookstore, high-five: we might have contributed to its demise.
If you’ve ever bought something here for your stead, then you’re old AF.
If Carrefour comes to your mind when you think of Suntec City, then you’re as old as us.
Okay, technically speaking, this isn’t a shop, but we just have to include this in because it brings back so many memories. The new monorail is nothing compared to this classic.
Another business being affected by technology, this used to be the meeting place when friends gather in VivoCity.
Some of us remember it being in Funan Mall while some remember it as being in Lido. But most would have forgotten that once upon a time, there was Taco Bell.
- Guide to When to Stop & Start Work for CNY 2023 Depending On Your Chinese Zodiac Sign
- Everything About River Hongbao 2023, the First River Hongbao Without Restrictions in 2 Years
- Tai Sui 2023 Guide: Chinese Zodiac Signs That Need to Bai Tai Sui (拜太岁)
- Guide to When You Should Deposit Money During Li Chun 2023 Based On Your Chinese Zodiac Sign
- The Best Day To Buy CNY Goodies is Actually 21 Jan 2023. Here’s Why
- Ultimate Guide to the Opening Hours of All Supermarket Chains During CNY 2023 Period
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage