10In schools, we always get lessons on crafting the perfect resumes to get your dream jobs. However, most of us would think that when it comes to writing a resume, the more information the better as it helps our future employees know more about ourselves.
Well, wrong. Because sometimes too much information isn’t good especially when the information is useless. Here are some of the information you should never, ever add in the resume.
1. An objective
I mean, if you applied for the job, it’s already obvious that you want the job. Rather than writing down your objectives in your resume, talk to your interview about your goals and what you would like to achieve in the job in 1-2 year’s time.
2. Your sob story
No point telling them your dark past or how your dog died. Since your resume is a promotional document, all promotional documents need to be positive.
3. Every job you’ve ever had
Sure, you might have worked in Macdonalds or held a 1-month admin position in your Uncle’s company, but that does not add any value to the position of a Sales Manager that you’re applying for.
4. Your hobbies
Honestly, nobody cares, unless it is related to your job scope.
5. Achievements that aren’t really achievements
Won an eating competition before? Great. Stayed in a hall for a year? Okay, that’s good for your social life. But these aren’t achievements that can value-add your resume. Rather, stick to more professional or community-oriented achievement.
6. Physical Characteristics
You will be surprised but people actually do add these “achievements” in their resume. Please, unless you are auditioning for the role of an actor or a model, don’t.
7. Bad grammar
Please get someone to validate your writing skills before submitting your resume. Submitting a resume with bad grammar is as good as not submitting it at all.
8. Unprofessional contact information
When submitting your contact information for a job, always include a professional email address. If need to, just create a new one. No one wants to hire a [email protected]
9. Overly casual tones
No “Hahahah” or “LOL” when crafting your cover letters or resumes, please. You’re interviewing to be someone’s BFF. Heck, why would you want to be casual in the first place?
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
10. Two-plus pages of Cover letters
Because no one has the time to read through an essay about yourself. Keep it short and simple. If possible, write them in point form as well.
Join our newsletter, whereby we’ll send you an email daily on the top five articles published the day before, to start your day with a blast! Also, you’ll get a $7 Shopee and $10 Shopback cashback just by joining our newsletter for free!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 15 Burger Joints in S’pore with Mouth-watering Burgers That Are Worth the Calories
- Wedding Ang Bao Rates in 2018 Updated With Almost All S’pore Hotels
- 10 Events All Over S’pore in April 2018 That Both High-SES & Low-SES People Would Enjoy
- 7 Shops in S’pore That Still Sell $2 Items in 2018 & It’s Not Daiso
- 6 Makan Places in Bukit Panjang That Are So Delicious, People Walk There Even if LRT Breaks Down
Featured Image: takayuki / Shutterstock.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’porean Got Scolded by Kid’s Parent for Not Smiling Back at Kid in an MRT Train. Strawberry Level X 99, Indeed.
- McDonald’s S’pore Has a Super Secret Prawn Paste ‘XXL’ Chicken Cutlet. We Tried It & It’s the Best Chicken Cutlet EVER
- Tourists Urged to be Careful After Footage of Woman Drugged in Thailand Got Viral with 5 Million Views
View this post on Instagram
The Coca-Cola Plus Coffee has arrived in Singapore, and let’s just say that the taste is very subjective: one of us thinks it’s like coffee candy, one of us thinks it’s like carbonated dark chocolate milk and one of us think it’s like Vanilla Coke. However, none of us thinks that it’s worth a second try, simply because we’ll all rather have Coke and coffee separately. Read the full review in our app. Link in bio. #sgig #sg #singapore #instasg #yoursingapore #sgphoto #singaporean #singaporelife #thisissingapore #instagramsg #igerssingapore #iluvsg #sgdaily #singaporeig #sglocal #sglifestyle #sgbloggers #sgblogger #sgfood #sgfoodies #foodsg #sgigfood #sgfoodporn #coke #cokecoffeeplus #cocacolacoffee #cocacola #sgcoffee