More often than not, making lifestyle changes require a special type of motivation.
For one man in Bangkok, his wife gave him a challenge: lose ten kilograms and she will buy him a PlayStation 5 (PS5).
If he lost, it would be no skin off his back (technically). If he won, he would get a gaming console that is hard to find these days due to supply constraints.
The Game Plan
On 18 October, Prab Laoharojanaphan shared about his own weight loss strategy on Facebook.
It was a four-part plan.
First, he proposes 16/8 intermittent fasting.
16/8 intermittent fasting involves limiting your intake of foods and calorie-containing beverages to a set window of 8 hours per day, while abstaining from food for the remaining 16.
There are popular meal time slots for the 16/8 schedule:
- 7am to 3pm
- 9am to 5pm
- 12pm to 8pm
- 2pm to 10pm
Depending on the chosen slot, you can either fast overnight and skip breakfast to have a balanced lunch and dinner, or have time for a healthy breakfast, standard lunch, plus a large snack before the fast commences.
Prab suggests cutting down the mealtime and increasing the fasting time as the months go by, going from 16/8 to 18/6, then 20/4.
Currently, Prab alternates between 18/6 and 20/4.
The second part is exercising.
For this, Prab alternates between cardio and strength training, though he does not mention how long he works out for every day.
Of course, no weight loss plan is complete without a proper diet.
Diet-wise, he recommends an 80% ketogenic diet while reserving the last 20% for treats.
Ketogenic diets – low carbs and high fat – is a popular method of weight loss and body building as it forces the body into a metabolic state of ketosis, whereby the body starts burning through the fat for energy instead of using carbs.
Practising intermittent fasting can also help an individual enter ketosis quicker.
“Treats” are basically cheat days or cheat meals where you don’t stick to a stringent meal plan with a proportioned intake of fat, protein, and carbs.
Since such instances are rare in a diet plan, Prab really cherishes the times where he can dine out with his friends or for special occasions.
Last but not the least, it is important to adjust your mindset and gain a deeper understanding of your own body while changing your lifestyle.
Prab strongly recommends the book “The Obesity Code – Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss” by Dr. Jason Fung.
His rationale for the recommendation is that we need to understand the complex causes of obesity so that we can create a strategy that fits our own body to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
At the end of four months, the results clearly show!
Not only is Prab looking healthier and slimmer, but he clearly looks more confident in his own body as well.
- 2 Women in S’pore Caught on Video Touching US Singer Kelis’ Braided Hair Without Permission
- Man Allegedly Goes for Morning Walks at 6:30am With Sudden Repeated Screams That Disturb Residents
- Survey Shows 3 in 5 S’porean Singles Have Ghosted or Being Ghosted by Others Before
- Mister Singapore Costume Slammed for Looking Like He’s Wearing NS PT Shorts & Combat Boots
- 26YO Woman Who Got Her Dad to Take the Rap for a Traffic Incident Charged
Featured Image: Facebook & Unsplash
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death