The number of new COVID-19 infections in Singapore might be a tad high today, but here’s a good news: they’re all linked to previous cases, so they’re not infections of unknown origins.
So, don’t panic; the authorities are working on overdrive to contain this. Do yourself a favour by practicing good personal hygiene and the battle might soon be over.
Here are the details of today’s new cases.
8 New COVID-19 Cases in S’pore Today
If you’ve read our article yesterday, you’d know that there are current five main local clusters in Singapore now:
- Yong Thai Hang shop, which is linked to 9 cases
- The Life Church and Mission Singapore Church, which is linked to 5 cases
- Grand Hyatt Hotel, which is linked to 3 cases in Singapore and 4 cases overseas
- Seletar Aerospace Heights construction site, which is linked to 2 cases (2 more today)
- Grace Assembly of God in Tanglin and Bukit Batok, which is linked to 2 cases (5 more today)
Today, it’s announced that there are five more cases that are linked to the Grace Assembly of God cluster.
The Church has since suspended its services and activities.
They are a 48-year-old man, a 54-year-old man, a 54-year-old woman, a 26-year-old man and a 55-year-old man. They are all Singaporeans who have not been to China recently. All of them were tested positive this morning.
There are also two more cases, a 37-year-old man and a 30-year-old man, from the Seletar Aerospace Heights construction site. Both of them are Bangladesh nationals.
The last case, a 30-year-old man, is linked to the DBS employee who was tested positive yesterday. Before you draw your conclusion and think there’s a cluster in a DBS office, don’t: the last case is a family member of the DBS employee, so it’s not a new cluster.
In addition, do note that every close contact with any confirmed case will be isolated, so there’s no need to get overly worried.
In other words, the total number of cases we have here in Singapore is 58.
And here’s good news: these cases are all due to MOH’s contact tracing efforts.
MOH said, “Further epidemiological investigations and contact tracing have uncovered links between previously announced and new cases.”
So if you’re still one of those anti-establishment people who seem to blame the authorities for every new case, you might want to change your mindset and thank them now.
Status of Confirmed Cases, Suspect Cases & Contact Tracing
15 patients have fully recovered and are discharged. 7 of them are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
This means a patient is out of ICU, as there were 8 patients who were in critical condition in the intensive care unit yesterday.
The other remaining patients’ conditions are stable or improving.
As of noon today, 82 cases are still pending.
MOH has identified 1,278 close contacts, and 1,161 of them are still in Singapore. 1,144 of them have been contacted while MOH is still trying to contact the remaining 17 close contacts.
Do bookmark MOH’s website for the latest update.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too