Everyone knows that in Singapore, there’re reckless drivers whom we don’t understand how the heck they got their driving lesson. Well, here’s the truth: other than knowing how to drive, there’re some factors that could potentially determine your driving test results.
We cannot be 100% sure they do, but hey, a little bonus isn’t going to that bad, right?
Putting safety as your main priority
Everyone likes a safe driver on the road, and therefore, you must always put safety as your priority. I remember long ago, an instructor once said this to me: “If you need to jam brake and your car stalled after that, or if your saliva flew onto the tester, it doesn’t matter as long as you jam brake in time.”
In other words, even if you think you’ll fail doing something but puts safety as a priority, you might just pass. Might. But you’ll definitely be loved by many drivers out there.
Be confident, but not cocky
There’s a thin line between confident and cocky, and to make things easier for you, here’s one simple factor: don’t be overly nervous. A nervous driver isn’t exactly the safest driver—imagine in a taxi whereby the driver’s hands are shaking. Would you let him fetch you around? No? It’s the same idea.
So, be confident. But not cocky—cocky is when you drive as if you’re a seasoned driver. Bro, you’re not. Don’t make a U-turn with one hand.
On the road, every decision is made in less than one second. If you think, and go through the consequences in your mind like a movie, that decision cannot be made anymore. A good example would be a lane change—if you see a car behind you slowing down, make the change immediately.
If you hesitate, it’ll confuse everyone, including the tester. And a confused driver is a dangerous driver.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too