Last Updated on 2023-03-31 , 6:58 pm
Everyone knows that in Singapore, there’re reckless drivers whom we don’t understand how the heck they got their driving lesson. Well, here’s the truth: other than knowing how to drive, there’re some factors that could potentially determine your driving test results.
We cannot be 100% sure they do, but hey, a little bonus isn’t going to that bad, right?
Putting safety as your main priority
Everyone likes a safe driver on the road, and therefore, you must always put safety as your priority. I remember long ago, an instructor once said this to me: “If you need to jam brake and your car stalled after that, or if your saliva flew onto the tester, it doesn’t matter as long as you jam brake in time.”
In other words, even if you think you’ll fail doing something but puts safety as a priority, you might just pass. Might. But you’ll definitely be loved by many drivers out there.
Be confident, but not cocky
There’s a thin line between confident and cocky, and to make things easier for you, here’s one simple factor: don’t be overly nervous. A nervous driver isn’t exactly the safest driver—imagine in a taxi whereby the driver’s hands are shaking. Would you let him fetch you around? No? It’s the same idea.
So, be confident. But not cocky—cocky is when you drive as if you’re a seasoned driver. Bro, you’re not. Don’t make a U-turn with one hand.
On the road, every decision is made in less than one second. If you think, and go through the consequences in your mind like a movie, that decision cannot be made anymore. A good example would be a lane change—if you see a car behind you slowing down, make the change immediately.
If you hesitate, it’ll confuse everyone, including the tester. And a confused driver is a dangerous driver.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast