Ever since bubble tea has made its way to Singapore, it has practically become a necessity for everyone. Situated everywhere and anywhere, getting a bubble tea is so convenient nowadays. Gong Cha is no exception either.
Here are 6 interesting facts about Gong Cha to make your bubble tea experience better!
Gong Cha’s first Hong Kong store was established in 2006 by a Hong Kong native who had lived in Taiwan for five years. No surprise, bubble tea was first originated from Taiwan.
Oh, yes, it’s not a Singapore brand.
By 2012, Gong Cha had further expanded internationally and established branches in regions, namely Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, mainland China, Canada, the United States, the Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam and Brunei.
In other words, it’s not exactly an old brand, considering how old bubble teas are.
Gong Cha has 76 outlets in Singapore. 76! I don’t know about you, but that’s like a lot. No wonder it’s so convenient for us!
4. Colour-coded employees
Have you ever noticed that most Gong Cha employees wear the basic black tees, yet there are exceptions where you’ll see other colours occasionally? Well, it’s simple. There are colour coding for Gong Cha employees. Black ones are for the part-time and full-time staff. Red is for team leaders and blue is for supervisors. Interesting, huh?
5. Free Drink for employees
Want to get one free drink per day? Work for Gong Cha and you’ll be able to enjoy your bubble tea every day! Employees are entitled to any one drink on the menu but that privilege doesn’t extend to loading up on additional toppings. Still, good enough!
6. Royal Gong Cha
Heard of Royal Gong Cha? Known as Gong Cha’s sister brand, it serves to provide comfort space to customers who prefer to sit down and unwind over their bubble tea. They even have desserts to go with their tea. How lovely!
Featured Image: groupon.com
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games