Last Updated on 2017-05-27 , 5:12 pm
If you love martial arts movies, you will definitely be familiar be Jackie Chan, a martial artist, actor, director, producer, stuntman and singer. If you follow his news closely, you will know that he has a son, Jaycee Chan, who is also in the entertainment industry.
While much is known about Jackie Chan, less is known about Jaycee Chan so here are some facts about him that may surprise you.
1. Role in Railroad Tigers
Although Jaycee Chan is not present at promotional activities and online write-ups, he actually played a major role in the movie. If you have not watched the movie yet, be sure to catch the movie where you will see amusing moments of him exchanging insults with Jackie Chan.
2. He was Jailed for Drug Offences
In August 2014, he was caught and sentenced to prison for drug offences in China. While fellow celebrity Kai Ko was released after 14 days, he was given a harsher sentence as he was “providing a shelter for others to abuse drugs”. After his 6 months sentence, he has been living in Taipei with his mother and keeps a low profile. He is also still in contact with Kai Ko.
While he was serving his sentence, he wrote a three-page remorse letter to his mother, promising that he will reflect and never make the same mistake again.
4. Voice actor of Young Monkey in Kungfu Panda (2008)
Jaycee Chan took part in the voice over of the young monkey in Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five.
In order to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, he dropped out of the College of William and Mary in 2003.
6. International appeal
His studios invited the Korean star Jang Nara and Singaporean actress, Fann Wong to promote his film “Whoever” in order to appeal to non-Chinese audience.
Jaycee Chan’s role in the movie “Monk comes down the Mountain” was uncredited due to his arrest in 2014.
His father Jackie Chan revealed that after his death, half of his asset will be donated to charity instead of leaving it to his son. Jackie explained, “If he is capable, he can make his own money. If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money.”
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Featured image: aitonline.tv
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024