The not-so-brave people shudder at the thought of Lim Chu Kang cemetery. While it is just a cemetery, people have been telling and spreading stories of this cemetery for years.
Here are some facts about Lim Chu Kang cemetery, and while some are scary AF, others are just plain…interesting.
1. Durians grow at the cemetery
Yes, durians grow at the cemetery. While it is a place for the dead, living things like durian trees do grow and bear fruits at the cemetery. And, it was said that the durians grown there are very delicious. Durian trip there, daredevils?
In 2015, a 22-year-old man slashed a taxi driver at the Lim Chu Kang cemetery during an attempted robbery.
He was sentenced to 22-months’ jail.
3. Ghost lady
There’s this story that has been spread around since forever: A taxi driver drove a lady to the Lim Chu Kang cemetery. Upon reaching the destination, when the driver turned around, a stone tablet was on the seat in place of the lady.
Now you know what story you can come out with during your next chalet, eh?
Lim Chu Kang cemetery is Singapore’s only active burial ground and plans for the exhumation of bodies are being pushed ahead.
5. Lim Chu Kang camp
For those serving the nation at the Lim Chu Kang Camp, many would surely have heard of soldiers bumping into “people” from another world during their route march.
If you were serving in the camp, you would have marched behind and around the Lim Chu Kang cemetery.
Prayers were being done at the cemetery at night and this photo was taken with a film camera, which shows two spooky figures at the back.
What do you think? Legit or Photoshopped?
There are more than 60 farms in the area and one would have to pass by the cemetery to get to the farms.
There are actually public buses that pass by the cemetery every day so don’t assume that nobody ever goes there.
Bus service 975 and 172.
9. Corpse Found At Lim Chu Kang
Remains of a 31-year-old woman were found in Lim Chu Kang in 2016. Apparently, she was murdered and was found more than a week after she had gone missing.
The man who murdered her was sentenced to life imprisonment back in Aug 2019.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’