There will be times in your life when you do something you really regret.
Sometimes, you’re able to walk away from the mistake a better man. Sometimes, you get away with it and do it again.
And sometimes, you won’t be able to walk away at all.
That was what happened to this 16-year-old kid who allegedly robbed a store in Singapore.
Man walked into 7-Eleven Store with a knife
On 19 June 2017, a man walked into a 7-Eleven store at Yishun Ave 5. He was allegedly holding on to a knife which he used to rob the store with.
He walked away with $230 in cash.
Ang Mo Kio police officers alerted to the crime
A 22-year-old victim reported the crime to the police at 10.55pm, and officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division conducted extensive follow-up investigations.
They arrested the suspect two days later on Wednesday (21 June 2017) at Yishun Central.
Suspect to be charged on Friday
The suspect will be charged in court on Friday (23 June 2017).
Should he be found guilty, he faces a jail term between five to 20 years, and will receive at least 12 strokes of cane.
Netizens question his motive behind the crime
As with most issues on the net, you’ll have two camps of supporters. One for the punishment, and one against.
There are those who believes that it’s necessary to deter future youth crimes
Those who believe that the other camp is just trying to justify his crime
While others wants to give him the benefit of doubt
And one just thinks all kids are rotten eggs in general
And of course, there’s always that one person who never fails to bring this up
What do you think? Let us know!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Read About Other Recent S’pore Youth Crimes Here:
- Another Arrest for Throwing Ofo Bike, This Time into a Canal Because Monkey See Monkey Do
- 13-Year-Old Boy Who Threw Ofo Bike From HDB Arrested. Here Are The Facts
Feature Image: forums.sgclub.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant