If a friend comes up to you and says HDB flats can’t look fancy, you should promptly slap him across the face.
You should also inform him that people usually say Hello when they greet someone.
Time and time again, we’ve seen interior designers work their magic in HDB flats, turning drab and cramped houses into luxurious and spacious abodes.
One example was the “HDB terrace” house that underwent a $200,000 makeover, and is now on the market for nearly $1 million.
Yes, if you want your HDB flat to look like the kind of house Bill Gates would be happy to live in, you can certainly do so if you find the right designer.
4-Room BTO Flat Transformed Into Beautiful Condo-Looking Design With Pink, Gold & Marble
A four-room BTO flat in Tampines is making the rounds on social media after images of its stunning transformation were uploaded online.
On 15 July, De Exclusive Interior Group shared pictures of their latest project in a post on Facebook.
The designer decided to go for an unusual blend of colours, contrasting pink and grey with gold accents and marble surfaces.
The colour palette and its economy of furniture make the living room look like the lobby of an art gallery, but a homely one at that.
Like many other designers recently, De Exclusive seems to have pulled out acres of space out of their butts.
The living room is dense with fittings, but it doesn’t seem cramped or small at all. The light colour tones make the area a cosy and inviting space.
The open concept-kitchen also adds to this feeling of capaciousness, making the apartment seem much bigger than it actually is.
One of the unique features of this house, in addition to the pink tones, is the cool sliding glass door that leads to the counter-top.
That’s a nice touch.
The pink-gold contrast suffuses the entire house, all the way from the front door to the kitchen.
It almost seems too lavish a place to poop and walk around naked in.
Flat Underwent $48,000 Makeover
Speaking to Mothership, De Exclusive said that the renovation works cost around $48,000.
As for the unconventional choice of colour, the design company said the owners had asked for a “pink and retro cafe look.”
Of all the magical renovations we’ve seen recently, this one is certainly the most distinctive.
So, will you be choosing a pink palette for your BTO flat?
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day