Have you ever left your car unlocked when you leave it in the workshop for servicing?
Many people do, and these five people have exploited this habit to easily steal cars.
Unlocked Cars Stolen from Workshops
The police stated that they received multiple reports between 23 and 31 May, and that a total of six cars have been stolen. The cars were stolen from workshops at Kim Chuan Terrace, near Tai Seng and Kaki Bukit Road.
Police investigations found that the cars were left unlocked, with the keys left in vehicles while parked in the workshops.
With the help of security cameras and ground inquiries, the police identified six people allegedly involved in the thefts. Five of the six have been arrested between 1 to 3 June.
Five People Arrested
One of the arrested, a 29-year-old man, was also allegedly found to have identity cards of two other people.
Together with an 18-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man, the trio who allegedly worked together to steal the cars will be charged in court on 4 June.
If found guilty, they may face up to seven years in jail and a fine.
Another two people have also been arrested for alleged involvement in the theft.
Don’t Leave Your Car Unlocked
The police will not tolerate such brazen acts of theft, and will do their best to catch these offenders.
They also advised the public to refrain from leaving their car keys in their vehicles, and to lock their cars whenever it is left unattended.
- S’pore’s First Digital Bank Has Started Operating & It’s Led by a Chinese Company
- Netflix Drops Korea’s Remake of Money Heist That’ll Start Streaming on 24 June
- Supermarkets Increase Imports of Thai Chilled Chicken Following M’sia Export Ban
- Taiwanese Paparazzo Apologises to JJ Lin After Hinting JJ Lin Of Being Involved in Barbie Hsu’s Ex-Marriage
Featured Image: spaxiax / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore