A picture speaks a thousand words, just like the selfies these Chinese tourists have taken.
Instead of portraying the beauty of nature, it just screams “destroyer” all over the place. Why so? Just take a look at these pictures below and you’ll know why they’re shamed by netizens.
Chinese Tourists Shamed Online for Selfies
The arrival of Spring means beautiful flowers in full bloom and pretty colours splashed across trees. It also means more tourists… which isn’t exactly good news for the trees out there.
More tourists mean there will be more pictures circulating around, amirite? That’s exactly what happened. A set of pictures of had recently hit Chinese Social Media, except that they were showcasing tourists climbing up blossoming trees. Not only that, they were even breaking off branches and just generally wreaking havoc on Mother Nature.
Whoa, this really got on the nerves of netizens online. They were utterly shamed for their “uncivilised behaviour.” Really? Who came up with the idea to stand in a flowering tree for a selfie? How does that make a good photo anyway?
It seems that this is a yearly tradition in China where tourists go to great lengths just to get the perfect selfie. Seriously? Yeah, no kidding! Chinese tourists were even ridiculed on Japanese news last April. They were caught on camera climbing on Japan’s iconic cherry trees and it really got Japanese media to tears.
I’m just… speechless.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
*All images from shanghaiist.com
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Limited Tickets: All-In Fares to Hong Kong from S$282 with Your DBS/POSB Card!
- Don’t Say Bojio: Online IT Fair with Up to 64% Off!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 4-Month-Old & 59YO Have Allegedly Died Due To Haze Condition In Indonesia
- 51YO Thai Woman Sent To Hospital With Cucumber Up Her Privates; Said It Was An Accident
- Mother Sells Twin Babies For $12.6k To Pay Credit Card Debts & Buy New Phone
- Tuition Teacher Rapes Student 285 Times; Says He Will Marry Her When She’s 18
- Man Marries Dead Girlfriend on Hospital Bed Before She Donates 12 Of Her Organs
- M’sian Doctor Reveals How Unhealthy Bubble Tea Is & Advises Netizens To Avoid It