You would have already known by now that Chinese New Year (CNY) is coming really soon (it’s this week!) but did you know that the decorations are not just limited to those in shopping malls and along the streets? The CNY decorations have also extended to within the trains and buses that we’re so used to taking for transport, making our mundane journeys more festive!
CNY Trains And Buses
In collaboration with Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens’ Consultative Committee, transport operators SMRT and SBS Transit have rolled out CNY trains and buses on all five rail lines to celebrate CNY.
According to Land Transport Authority (LTA) in a press release, “these themed trains and buses feature adorable zodiac motifs, blooming flowers, and gold ingots to help bring the festive cheer to commuters.” Your spirits will definitely be lifted after you see the decorations.
Seeing as to how only one train on each of the five rail lines is decorated, you must be pretty lucky to be able to travel in one.
But if you weren’t able to, fret not because the MRT stations have also been decorated with pink “Happy Chinese New Year” posters. The decorations also feature a lot of rats to welcome the Rat year!
If you’re not one who takes the train often, perhaps you’ll have more luck seeing the decorations on buses instead. Buses for services 80, 143, 166, 147, 174, 61, 960 and 963 will also feature the CNY decorations progressively from next week.
So for those going to areas like Chinatown, Toa Payoh, Sengkang, Jurong East, and Clementi, you’ll be able to bask in the festive spirits while you’re on your way for visiting.
These decorations will last until 15 February, giving you plenty of time and chances to see them.
Here’s wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage