There is plenty of financial help out there for people who are affected by Covid-19.
Eligible freelancers can get $9,000 income relief in three separate payouts.
People who lost their jobs can turn to the Covid-19 Support Grant where they can get trained and paid for it.
But what about those on unpaid leave?
They’re not considered unemployed so they can’t go for schemes which help people who lose their jobs.
Yet they’re not getting paid at the same time.
Well, if you’re one of the many who fell through the cracks, I’ve got some great news for you.
Covid-19 Support Grant Expands Its Scope Of Support
Originally, the Covid-19 Support Grant was meant to help people who lost their jobs due to Covid-19.
But now, its scope has extended to help two more groups of people:
- individuals who are involuntarily placed on unpaid leave for three consecutive months
- individuals who experienced a drop of at least 30% in their income for three consecutive months.
To be eligible, the changes in employment or salary should be made after 23 Jan 2020.
For Job Loss / Unpaid Leave
For those who lost their jobs or is placed on no-pay leave, they can get up to $800 a month for three months.
In addition, those who’ve lost their jobs can get employment and training support from Workforce Singapore and e2i.
For those who are on unpaid leave, you can also get subsidised access to relevant courses.
Applications start on 4 May 2020 and can be made here.
For Pay Cuts
As for those who experienced pay cuts, you can get up to $500, depending on the amount lost, a month for three months.
Applications for employees experiencing pay cuts will start on 11 May 2020 and can be made here.
Applications for the Covid-19 Support Grant will be kept open for five months until 30 Sep 2020.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents aged 16 years and above.
- Full-time or part-time employees affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 situation (loss of job/income or the start of involuntary no-pay leave should have occurred after 23 Jan 2020):
- Presently unemployed due to retrenchment/contract termination;
- Presently on involuntary NPL for a period of at least three consecutive months (e.g. Mar – May 2020, May – Jul 2020); or
- Presently experiencing reduced monthly salary of at least 30% for a period of at least three consecutive months (e.g. Mar – May 2020, May – Jul 2020);
- Prior gross monthly household income of ≤$10,000, or monthly per capita income of ≤$3,100
- Live in a property with an annual value of ≤$21,000; and
- Not a current beneficiary of ComCare assistance, i.e. Long-Term Assistance, & Short-to-Medium-Term Assistance. (Note: ComCare clients currently receive comprehensive support, and will be assisted by SSOs if they require more assistance due to changes in their financial circumstances)
- Has not already received, or is currently not receiving the COVID-19 Support Grant or the Self-Employed Persons Income Relief Scheme (SIRS)
- Full-time National Servicemen and interns are not eligible
Recipients of the support grant must:
- Have been employed as a full-time or part-time permanent or contract staff prior to job/income loss; and
- Agree to actively participate in a job search or attend a training programme under Workforce Singapore or the Employment and Employability Institute.
Who Don’t Need To Apply:
Similar to SIRS, there are a few people who do not need to apply for the Covid-19 Support Grant.
Goody Feed YouTube Channel
A 34YO "old-virgin" S'porean was desperately looking for a boyfriend and surprisingly, she really found one online. But the intentions of the man will make you cry. Prepare tissue paper to watch this video based on real events:
Those who have indicated their interest during the application for the Temporary Relief Fund do not have to reapply if they’ve furnished all the necessary documents, which you can check here.
For those who are on ComCare Assist, those whose assistance is ending by July will have it extended for six more months without having to submit anything.
Those who are just placed on ComCare will also receive at least six months of assistance.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:
Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss: