I don’t know about you, but when I heard “VivoCity”, only one retail outlet comes to my mind: Daiso.
But as many of you would know, the mega Daiso in VivoCity suddenly announced their closure in early 2018.
Now, despite strong competition from the pixels world and Don Don Donki, Daiso still has a whopping 19 stores in Singapore.
Bet you didn’t know that.
And in a comeback story that’ll rival the comeback story of Gong Cha or Llao Llao, Dasio is coming back to VivoCity.
First Spotted By Singapore Atrium Sale & Then Officially Announced on Instagram
Daiso’s been rather quiet about this, and it was Facebook Page Singapore Atrium Sale that first made it public with this post back in November last year:
And a month later, it was confirmed with this Instagram post from the official Daiso Singapore Instagram profile:
View this post on Instagram
We are happy to announce that our Daiso branch will be re-opening this January in VivoCity! We are located at Level #02-41/42, so make sure to keep an eye out for the exciting comeback soon! See you there! #ダイソー #daiso #daisojapan #daisosg #daisosingapore #always2dollars #singapore #スリーピー #VivoCIty #Sentosa #Fun #Exciting #Reopen #January #2020 #newyear #harbourfront #comeback
Of course it won’t be back at the exact same spot; instead, it’ll be at 02-41/42.
I know you don’t know where that is. Neither do I.
According to TripAdvisor, that could have been the exact spot of the ill-fated bookstore, Page One.
An online search now shows that the unit of 02-41 used to be tenanted by candy store Candylicious.
The outlet will supposedly open this month, and given that they closed after CNY in 2018, I’m presuming they’re opening after CNY this year as well.
What goes around comes around.
According to a second visit by Singapore Atrium Sale, the Page Owner managed to take this image:
So yes, if you’re looking for a job, you know where to go these few days.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- The Real (& Main) Reason Why We Still Can't Vote Online in General Elections
- Experts Explain Why People Are Panic Buying Toilet Paper from Supermarkets During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About